What did I do WRONG? (shirataki noodles)

mcdavis511
on 5/20/09 9:31 am
Maybe it is the sauce that did you in. Some tomato sauce is loaded in sugar both natural and added...
Sarah448
on 5/20/09 10:50 am - Friendswood, TX
It takes a lot of sugar to make me dump and I have had that brand of sauce, but thanks for the suggestion.  We don't think about the hidden corn syrup in foods sometimes!

Sarah448
on 5/20/09 11:00 am - Friendswood, TX
I will give it one more try with orzo on my next order.

I am sure now I didn't get the angel hair noodles chewed up well enough and I sure didn't think about cutting them up.

Bekah, I have to agree with you on the not-swelling-up because the noodles were still very thin that came back up.  But what DID happen since I didn't cut them up is they acted like GLUE with the spaghetti and meat sauce and it came up in big gooey clumps. 

Spirithorse
on 5/21/09 1:02 pm - Pasadena, TX
Howdy!  Maybe you had some food still left in your stomach that had not digested yet.  (Example:  4 ounces of steaks that is the size of a deck of cards takes about 18 hours to ferment in your stomach before it get digested.)  Oatmeal, pasta & rice do swell when they absorb moisture.  I am not sure what shiraki noodles are so I do not know about them.  I tried pork chops Saturday (1st time since surgery) & only had 2 bites when I had to stop & go throw it up & a few bites of other stuff that I tasted.  I keep missing the Pasadena Group postings because I have not yet been accepted as a member.  So, I sent a message to Sean & ask him to accept Spirithorse. Well it is late & past bedtime.  Good luck. 
Hugs;
PJS

Dear O.H. Friends;
Thanks for all off your prayers, support, and comments concerning the Cigna Insurance delay tactics on getting the lap band approved.  Well, to make a long story short, Monday the surgery was denied.  Tuesday, Doctor Storey called and talked to Cigna to get them 'straightened out'.  Now the lap band surgery has been approved and I have a surgery date!  I will be at the Doctor's Outpatient Surgicenter at 8:00 A.M., Monday, December 29, 2008 for surgery at 9:00 A.M. with Doctor Storey.  If there are no complications I will be going home that day.  Please!  Keep me in your prayers and thank you so very much for your support.  Going under anesthesia has always been a bit scary for me and I usually wake up sick at my stomach even with anti-nausea medication.  I hope I will be able to loose the excess weight, maintain the weight loss, have firm elastic-all shrinking skin, and live a healthier life.  I have struggled with my weight all my life.  Now I have type 2 diabetes & it has been even harder to acheive and maintain a healthy weight.  Both of my parents suffered the effects of obesity before they died.  I hope to be able to age gracefully and not suffer the way they did. 
Hugs;
PJS

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views