Putting together a list for vitamins-HELP

southernlady5464
on 7/22/10 8:39 am
I have the list for my DS and for dh's VSG and trying to put them together so I can start ordering...

But trying to make sense of two schedules so I can get the right quantity is driving me carzy.

Any ideas to sort this out? And yes, I tried the excel spreadsheet...just not coordinated that way. And trying to put that into the amount I need to order is driving me to drink.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

MajorMom
on 7/22/10 8:53 am - VA
I can send you vitalady's lists in excel format for both. They're the ones with the 30 day and 90 day shopping lists attached. Would that help?

I'm trying to remember how I ordered DH's and mine the first time. I have him on something similar to the VSG schedule. I made a few substitutions so I only have to order from the DS list and I have him skip days or only take something once a week so he doesn't take too much.

I think I just scratched all over my DS spreadsheet while looking at the VSG schedule. I couldn't do it up on screen. I did finally create a list for him that I use to fill his weekly pill sorter. It's more like daily and Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun with AM, mid-day and PM. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

southernlady5464
on 7/22/10 8:58 am
Oh, yes please email me the lists.

I need to sort out what we need before I know how much to order and that will help.

Thanks.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

southernlady5464
on 7/22/10 9:32 am
Okay, the iron...we are both in the same place. I can see a higher iron if I were still young enough to have kids or still had my TOM but I don't.

But there are two different ones listed, one for a DS and one for the Sleeve, which should I use to combine with dh's. The one on my list or his?

Liz

MajorMom
on 7/22/10 10:00 am - VA
My DH take 3 of the chewable Tender iron tablets at lunch time. I switched to the Tender iron capsules. That is one that we don't take the same thing right now. As soon as he runs out of the chewables, we'll both take the capsules. He'll only need one a day though.

My iron and ferritin were heading south immediately post-op. It doesn't mater that you're over the TOM thing, you still need iron and lots of it post-DS. You might be surprised at the number of folks and their ages that end up having to get iron infusions who have RNY and DS. Don't fall into that trap. What works for me is a combo of Tender iron and Proferrin ES. I take 300mg of Tender iron in capsule form in the mid afternoon and 1 Proferrin at bedtime. That combo brought my ferritin up to 171 on my last labs. I had previously been holding on to ferritin around 69-100 and never got my iron above 47. 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

southernlady5464
on 7/22/10 10:46 am
Okay, got the shopping lists together.

Actually, anything by Puritan's Pride works out cheaper on Puritan's Pride site cause they have many that are buy one/get two free.

We aren't ready to order yet, waiting til one of us has the surgery/and payday, before we can. But I printed my shopping carts so we know what we are looking for.

Dh remembered that Kirkland was the brand name for Costco...which we don't have here so we will find the Member Mark (Sam'sClub) version of those.

Thanks for the help.

Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views