Looking for your favorite recipes post op...

mythinme
on 7/22/10 1:33 pm
Ok chefs...I am looking for some inspiration in the kitchen

What are your favorite recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinners

Please share......thanks!!!  

HW
/  SW /  CW /  GW (1st goal met!! ) New Goal Weight                        height 5'3"
230 / 196132  / 135                                       125

fitby40something
on 7/22/10 1:47 pm - Southeast, MO
You inspire me everyday Diana...so what are yours??

Julie   Extended Abdominalplasty & Breast Lift 6/22/11

fitby40something  HW 240/CONSULT 238/SW 225/CW 170/GW 138
"Get busy living or get busy dying."  --Shawshank Redemption

mythinme
on 7/22/10 2:08 pm
Awe, you're so sweet!! 

Let's see...since post op I do not do pastas or rice really. But I do love to saute up onions and garlic base to add to grilled meats. 

Oh, one time I did make a pretty cool taco casserole. Cooked ground turkey, tomato, onions, taco seasoning, chilis, cheese, and corn tortillas layered in casserole dish topped with shredded cheese and baked until warmed through and cheese melted. Broil a few minutes to brown/crisp up the cheese

My boys love this dish...

HW
/  SW /  CW /  GW (1st goal met!! ) New Goal Weight                        height 5'3"
230 / 196132  / 135                                       125

lerkhart
on 7/22/10 10:52 pm

I love the Food Network on TV.  If I see a recipe I like, I take it and just try to adjust to make it WLS friendly.  I have gotten some really good tips from here in the past year.

I use Egg Beaters instead of eggs and can now just scramble them and can't tell the difference - the key is to not overcook them.  I use them in recipes instead of eggs also it really cuts down on calories and fat.

I use Turkey Bacon and it is pretty good as long as you don't over cook it also.

I did not give up my real Cheese, but I have learned that I can use a lot less and get the same taste.

Gina posted a Cheesecake recipe on here a couple of weeks ago and it is now one of my favorites.  I used Carbquik for the crust instead of the Almond Flour.

Not really any recipes - they are all at home.  Can't wait to see what others post.  I'm always looking for something new now since I cook so much more than I ever did before.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
graciesmommie
on 7/22/10 11:36 pm
Favorite snack/breakfast:
*Greek yougart with blueberries. Sometimes Strawberries...sometimes both.

*Small Wild berry smoothy from McDonalds.

Favorite Dinners:

*Spagetti sauce with melted mozerrella cheese on top.

*1/4 th of a piece of grilled chicken with a little spagetti sauce and mozerrella cheese on top.

*tiny salad with small pieces of grilled chicken cut on top, little pieces of apple cut up on top, shredded cheese and balsimic vinegarett dressing.

*homemade chicken salad: small scoop of shredded chicken breast with little pieces of green apple, shredded cheese, tiny bit of mayonase. served on a little lettuce leaf with a slice of tomatoe.

*small piece of grilled ribeye with a quarter of a baked potatoe.

Just a few of my favorite things. I have learned to eat some of my favorite things in moderation.
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Sarah G.
on 7/23/10 12:51 am
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Tilapia-with-Wine-and-Tomatoes/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chile-Relleno-Casserole/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Dijon-Four-Bean-Salad/Detail.aspx (minus lima beans with splenda instead of sugar)

I also make a kielbasa skillet meal with turkey/low fat kielbasa, onion, green pepper, frozen veggies and canned sliced potatoes (Optional).  I cook the turkey kielbasa for a few minutes, then add chopped garlic, onion, and peppers, cook for a few more minutes then add potatoes (season with pepper and paprika), cook for a few more minutes and then add frozen veggies.  Cover and stir occasionally...coo****il veggies are cooked through.  (this is my own made up recipe).

Chicken kabobs.  Chicken marinaded in Mccormick Grill mates Baja Citrus seasoning.  Then put on skewers with onion, pepper and cherry (or grape) tomatoes.  Grill about 5 mins on each side on the grill.  Keep an eye out for the chicken to be done, do not over cook...usually they are done when the tomatoes start to shrivel.  :)

I have made a ton of different chilis too.  With red beans or white beans and sometimes add black beans.  Corn sometimes, sometimes not. 

Basically, I makeover recipes to have no rice or pasta....and I eat beans a decent amount. 
Photobucket

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/10 12:56 am
 thai  curried chicken breast ( works for shrimp , beef eye round sliced VERY  thin and added just at the end too ) 

this can be made with green curry , red curry , yellow Indian curry ,panang curry ., masaman curry  bases...all  totally different tasting 

slice  1/2 cup peeled garlic 

cut  healthy piece  ginger into matchsticks - as small as U can make em 

dice up one small onion 

put all 3 in a hot pan with a bit of chicken stock -  stir and brown ( keep adding stock gradually so doesnt burn)    - when golden, add  one cup stock and add  1-2 tablespoons curry mixture  depending on how  spicy U like it 

make a roux from curry  n stock ( allow curry mix to  absorb stock become thicker and more fragrant )   add more stock and tw o chicken breasts  cut up into pieces ( or shrimp)  .   Ready vegetab;es ( brocoli , string beans , musgrooms , tiny carots all work GREAT )   ....

when meat is almost cooked through ( springs back when  pressed )   addveggies  - ready  coconut milk mixture (  fatfree milk powder / water // coconutextract, one tablespoon  corn starch )   also add TOM YUM seasoning  one tablespoon ...

add milk mixture - letcornstarch thicken ..   Add stock if too thic****il sauce is the right consistency .  If too hot add more  powdered milk / coconut mixture .  

moondancer2000
on 7/23/10 1:00 am - Ft Rucker, AL
I don't cook differently now.  I eat what I make for my family, just not all the carby stuff.  

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/10 1:03 am
 fatfree  new england clam  and or fresh corn chowder

3 cans minced/ choppedclams  

two potatoes microwaved  in skin  5 minutes each 

one envelope powdered  fatfree milk with one tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in one cup ofwater

butterbuds 

fresh corn if U like (  2-3 ears)  microwaved 1 minute , kernels  cut off 
white pepper 

chicken stock ( imagine organic is by far the best  or pacifica) 
fish  ( monkfish is best ) 

open cans -  put clam juice in  pot  .   add s bit ofstock .   Food processor one potato to mash -  add to pot .  Chop up other potato into large chunks .   Add 3 cups stock o pot -  add clams - continue  cooking -   ready milk cornstarch mixture  (  mixwith cold water )  addpotato, add corn ....
add fish .. watch fish carefully -  DONTSTIR .  aftera minute ortwo when nearly done -  add milk cornstarch mixture ,  one tablespoon butter buds ortwo  ( taste carefully  dontwanttoo salty )  - white pepper...

DONE .  Takes ten minutes - a yummy , filling , authentic and delicious meal .  ( and U wont miss the fat a BIT _ ) 

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/10 1:10 am
 fat free  tabouleh salad  ;

instead of using water, lemon juice and oil to make the tabouleh ...use two cups cold orange juice .

Let  cracked wheat kernels soak overnite  to become fluffy .   Add  two large diced tomatoes or four  small ones  and some fresh herbs ( anything from  parsley to mintworks great- chives , ANY herb basically  ) .  Yummy ! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views