Wow Moment!

graciesmommie
on 7/24/10 9:03 am
I took my son and his friend to Bear Island today. You take a short ferry ride to the beach then you  have to walk about a mile up a rocky path to the beach. I walked the path with all the gear. 99 degrees out side and didn't even have to stop once. When we got to the beach. I played and boogie boarded with the boys and had a blast. For lunch we got a picnic table they shared a footlong from subway. I had a salad. It was good. We went back and played a while. On the way back to the ferry my son said Mommy a year ago you couldn't have made it up this path...look at you ...you just past that crowd like no bodies business. I said Yeah Jay and I have a heavier load now. I have all of our heavy wet clothes in my bag. His little eyebrows went up...he said how about  that. I said look out buddy we are going to be taking alot more adventures like this. He looked at his friend and they laughed.

The little boy that went with us today saw me in November after my surgery at my worst. His mom is a nurse. My husband called her one night when my incision popped a few staples. They came running. He looked at me with such pride today....like you have come a long way Mrs. Danielle.

This surgery has given me my life back. I have to say it again. I feel like the Lord  has healed me from the inside out. I truly appreciate the WOW moments I have been able to experience. I feel blessed to be able to keep up with my 10yr old and cheer with my 13yr old. I have come a long way in 8 months. To God be the Glory!

Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/10 9:15 am
Wow!  What a great story and I know that hearing that from your son was incredible.  Congratulations!
Not yo business OH
on 7/24/10 9:17 am
Great wow! I know you are happy and your family is happy! I can't wait to feel better too! T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
peyton88
on 7/24/10 9:55 am - Madison, GA

Wow!  Great story!  My 10 year old daughter keeps saying how proud she is of me too!  It makes it all worth it!
Thanks for sharing!!

HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

MajorMom
on 7/24/10 10:18 am - VA
That's an awesome WOW and you so deserve it!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

fitby40something
on 7/24/10 10:44 am - Southeast, MO

So I guess everybody needs a good cry now and then, lol.  Your WOW had me in tears!!!!!  It's great to be able to shop for cute clothes, watch the numbers go down on the scale, etc...but its moments like these that really make it all real and make us appreciate it all a little more.  You are absolutely right...to God be the glory.

Congrats on such a tremendous WOW and to a new lease on what sounds like a very rich life!!

Julie   Extended Abdominalplasty & Breast Lift 6/22/11

fitby40something  HW 240/CONSULT 238/SW 225/CW 170/GW 138
"Get busy living or get busy dying."  --Shawshank Redemption

graciesmommie
on 7/24/10 10:54 am
Thanks! I know that God is in control. This was the greatest wow yet. You are so right! Cute clothes are fun but this experience was awesome! I pray to share many more moments like this with my little guy! I sent my husband a text today that said, "I love our life!" :0) He said....I love you!
A new lease on life is definately a renewed spirit filled with faith, hope and a lot of love.
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Jody ***
on 7/24/10 11:38 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Danielle - that's great!  Its amazing when kids notice and say something too.  We tend to think they just think about themselves, but that's not always true.  He is definitely appreciating the time you're spending with him now. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

emrtrainer
on 7/24/10 12:28 pm - Inwood, WV
what an awesome story. Sometimes we probably get too focused on all the numbers and forget that all the hard work is truly to help us to live a better life.  Isn't that just like God to take an ordinary event/day with your family and use it bring glory to him.  I can't wait to have stories like this.  Keep sharing the Wow's.

sleeve genie
on 7/24/10 1:04 pm - Alhambra, CA
thanks so much for sharing this with me,  its such a great story.   My daughter is the love of my life and she is the one that pushed me to do something because she loves me so much and wants me to be around in the future.  I have always been so proud of her but that she is so proud of me is a truly humbling miracle.    Way to go,, keep up the good work,  yes  God is good, 
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views