Guess I am labeled a lightweight sorta... which is ironic!

Cort0807
on 7/25/10 1:05 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
So I am still fairly new to OH in the last month and let me just say the RNY process since getting a referral from my Primary has FLOWN! I got my referral put in June 25th and my RNY is AUGUST 9th!!! Yikes.

I
am right at the verge of lightweight vs. just  the fat blob. My BMI at my first consult was 40.5 but I've lost a few pounds since between nerves and the chaos of having a 9 month old and deployed husband.

Anyways, hopefully I can get to know folks here a tad before I transition to the big league losers bench.

browneyedDeeva
on 7/25/10 1:15 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
hey sweetie ,
welcome to the light weight boards ,,,,
its the best forum around good luck to you in ur surgery ask anything you need to ask there are gals here that know their stuff and are so helpful so read and ask away !!!!

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

NursieGirl
on 7/25/10 2:32 pm
Welcome!  Everyone on this board is super nice, and you will find a lot of help and advice here.  Are you getting excited yet?

OT:  Make sure you have someone to help you with the baby after surgery

Cort0807
on 7/25/10 2:40 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
Definitely excited but nervous too. I start my pre-op diet in the morning and I know the benefits outweigh the risks with the surgery but it doesn't mean I'm able to avoid wondering what if. I have read that it is normal so that helps.

As far as the baby, I have help that is going to be around. She's staying with her great-grandparents for a few days and then I have friends and neighbors helping once she comes home.

southernlady5464
on 7/25/10 4:33 pm
Welcome to the board and thank you for being a military spouse. Thank you to your husband as well.

Glad you wandered in as this is one of the most helpful and friendliest boards here. Yeah it feels weird to be called a LW when you are obese.

Make sure you add your name to Gina's post on LW's having sugery. You can find it here. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/4212148/Pre-Ops-Have-I-Missed-Anyone/

Glad to have you aboard.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

MajorMom
on 7/25/10 6:46 pm, edited 7/25/10 6:49 pm - VA
Welcome aboard!  

--gina

Edited to Add (ETA):  Hey! I just noticed, we're Surgiversary sisters. My surgery was Aug 9, 2007. HOOAH!

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 7/25/10 10:35 pm
Welcome to the LW boards.  Congratulations on your speedy process.  Your surgery date will be here before you know it.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Mama477
on 7/25/10 11:50 pm
WOW you are proceeding quickly!!!!  That's great that you were scheduled so quickly.  First time I've been in the "light" group in a long time, too...

That's a super cute baby!!!

Meg
Happy_Camper
on 7/25/10 11:59 pm
Welcome to the LW board.  Wishing you a textbook surgery & speedy recovery.  Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

peyton88
on 7/26/10 12:01 am - Madison, GA
Welcome!  While I was flattered to constantly be called "skinny" and "lightweight" at my surgeon's office, hospital, and support groups...there is nothing LIGHT about a 5 foot chick weighing over 200 pounds!!!  We WILL truly be light someday though....

Best wishes and I know you'll love the Lightweight board/peeps as much as I do!!  They ROCK!!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views