newbie...pre op jitters

justjackie777
on 7/25/10 1:44 pm
Just met with the dietician to discuss diet after RNY. I am at 250 now. Hope to lose 100 lbs. Nervous but excited! Any advice? I love this site & think that it will really help me! Just wanted a little cyber support.

Thanks guys!

italianspice
on 7/26/10 1:21 am - Eastlake, OH
Welcome!
You are going to love this board.
The people are great and give good advice.
I have surgery on the 29th, so I understand the jitters.
Keep learning and researching. Ask questions.
Maria
justjackie777
on 7/26/10 2:14 pm
Hi Maria~
Goodluck to you! That's the day before my birthday:) I hope everything goes well & without a hitch.  Keep in touch & let me know how you are doing!
My prayers are with you!
Jackie

lerkhart
on 7/26/10 2:22 am
Welcome Jackie.

Good luck on your journey.  Have you been approved by insurance?  Do you have a date?

Are you in Georgia?  Just asking because you have your Dr. as Titus Duncan and I think he is in Georgia.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
justjackie777
on 7/26/10 1:43 pm
Hi Linda,
I am in the process of getting insurance approval. I have done everything. 3 more months of support group & supervised weight loss. My brother just died of a heart attack, so that has been even more motivation for me to take this seriously.I am in Ga. & from what I know of Dr. Duncan so far he seems really nice. I have heard wonderful things of him as a surgeon. Hopefully my date will be the week of Thanksgiving break or Christmas break. I am a teacher and hope that I recover quickly. How long did it take you to go back to work?

Have a good night!
Jackie

southernlady5464
on 7/26/10 2:31 am
Welcome Jackie and I can understand the "nervous but excited" cause I am the same way.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

peyton88
on 7/26/10 3:29 am - Madison, GA
Welcome!!  I'm in Georgia too....Dr. Duncan did my best friend's surgery about 7 years ago and she always speaks so highly of him!

Just take one day and a time.....My philosophy (although flawed) was expect the worse, hope for the best!  I seemed to fall right in the middle.....I had a smooth surgery and feel better day by day....the whole eating/drinking think has been harder than I ever imagined, but it's getting better too and I know I'll feel "normal" soon enough.  I certainly DON'T regret this surgery at all!!

Best wishes!  Can't wait to hear how you do!!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

hollykim
on 7/26/10 11:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you and look forward to watching you on your journey!
Holly

graciesmommie
on 7/26/10 11:15 am
Work your plan....work your plan ....work your plan. If you stick to the plan the lbs will not stick to you they will fall off like your old jeans. Best of luck to a wonderful experience. May you be blessed beyond words.
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
justjackie777
on 7/26/10 1:39 pm
Thanks for your encouragement!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...