Working the AZZ-posture

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/10 11:00 pm
 Another thing that works the AZZ  area REAL well -and improves posture too significantly is walking around in high heels !!    Wedgies are both comfy and work REAL well .   

Silly thing but if U do Ur housework in heels  U get great line ... and hubbies appreciate it too LOL -particularly in lingerie or even shorts n a tank top lol!! 

Im real happy to say that my posture IS  coming back ....after  taking  a million doses  it seems  of calcium citrate and fossamax  both .  I really thought i was bent over like an old lady for LIFE  ..... and that my neck was permanently inserted turtle -like into my shoulders and my head  would be forever carried forward .  

Fo ra long time i just massaged and massaged my shoulders and neck to get  the ligaments lengthened gradually ..and BOY was it painful .

Yet now occasionally i catch glimpses of myself walking and say .. hey Ur looking a LOT better .....  I also notice I sit  straight up even at the computer or in the car !!   YAY  !!   

Good upper body posture easily  takes 10 lbs off your APPARENT look  ( also ten years off Ur perceived AGE  ) .  Worth fighting for !!

( by the way posture improvers and cervical collars also work to get U over the " hump " where  whatever U do ... it seems to go back to square one a few days later ....I slept in mine as long as i could stand it ....)  
Shannon D.
on 7/27/10 11:09 pm
I have been working on my posture too. It was/is horrible, but I am constantly reminding myself to fix it now.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

southernlady5464
on 7/27/10 11:52 pm
Another thing that works the AZZ  area REAL well -and improves posture too significantly is walking around in high heels !!    Wedgies are both comfy and work REAL well .

Wish I could wear heels...my tallest heel is now 1/4 - 1/2 inch and I pay dearly for the ones that are 1/2 inch. My feet hate them and are so uncomfortable, I gave up that torture almost 15 years ago. Heck I didn't even wear heels for my wedding.

But great for those who can wear them. I do see some heels I would love to wear...the ones that make your legs look long and slinky.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Lee ~
on 7/28/10 12:18 am - CA
I had a fractured ankle Thanksgiving day 2007 and major ankle surgery July 2008.  I think my surgeon would kill me if he saw me in heels.  I was told to live in my Brooks sneakers (custom orthodics inserted) as much as possible.  I'm happiest in my sneakers but will trade them in for Keen's in the summer and Mephisto's as well.   I love me some comfortable shoes!

The best compliment my son recently gave me was "mom, your posture is great, you stand like and athlete".  He says it's from my years of walking and hiking.  Whatever it is, I'll take it!  Maybe that's why people never believe I'm 59 and have a 36 year old son. 

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views