What to drink at the bar..

Gillian D.
on 7/29/10 12:24 am
So, for the past few weeks my friends and I have been going to '80s night at a local bar, and while I love dancing and hanging with my friends, finding something appropriate to drink while I'm there is a challenge.  Although I nursed a glass of wine last week, I don't especially want something alcoholic but the bubbles in my old pre-surgery stand-by, Diet Coke, don't really agree with my stomach either.  Even the old-fashioned club soda is bubbly and thus not really an option.

What do you guys order?  Any suggestions of something non-sugary, non-carbonated and non-caloric?

-Gillian

Shannon D.
on 7/29/10 12:36 am
Wow, non-sugary, non-carbonated, and on-caloric...I think that leaves water lol. You could get a club soda on ice and let it go a little flat. Wine is your best bet as far as alcoholic drinks go. They did a whole thing on the Today Show recently on calories in drinks. Rum or vodka and diet soda are pretty low too.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

VeraG
on 7/29/10 12:58 am - Bonner Springs, KS
Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice and vodka

Living until I die!

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/10 3:53 am
I've never tried Cranberry Juice--I was too afraid of dumping from the sugar.  You don't have any problem with the sugar content?
moondancer2000
on 7/29/10 12:57 am - Ft Rucker, AL
I do tequila shots.  If you're scotch drinker you could do scotch and water...lots of water.  When I'm not drinking I get them to dress up my water with all the fruits...LOL.  If you can handle tomato juice you could go with a virgin mary.

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

Jane W.
on 7/29/10 2:42 am - Southaven, MS
I do Virgin Mary's...but I like spicy tomato juice.  Just plain craberry juice would do the trick too!  Good luck.
5'6"    
Jody ***
on 7/29/10 2:47 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
What kind of alcohol do you like?

I drink wine and beer - mainly because I won't do sugary, carbonated mixers.  Plus I dump - BADDD.  I can handle the carbonation in the beer now - but you might not.  I DO not drink any kind of diet soda anymore either. 

What I've done before is take some of the small packets of crystal light lemonade with me - order a large glass of water and a shot of whiskey, mix the crystal lite in the water then add the whiskey... got a good whiskey sour.  You  really could do that with any of the crystal lite flavors - use your imagination!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Mara C.
on 7/29/10 6:13 am - Millbury, MA
I was going to try this this weekend:  Sprite 0 or seltza water over a glassful of ice (so it takes out most the bubbles) with a splash of Raspberry Stoli.
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views