too much loss?

rainlady
on 7/29/10 5:10 am
I think I have lost too much weight.  Started  at 240, 213 at surgery time, -- Total lost now is 123.  I weighed 117 this morning - I'm 5'5".     My surgery was 5-18-2009.  When does the bounce back period come?  I've never weighed too little in my life.  'I'm 65 so too much loss isn't probably great.  I feel good,, but I have loose skin on thighs and upper arms  My
dh is worried that I will continue to drop.  Any thoughts?

Sharon

Mara C.
on 7/29/10 5:58 am - Millbury, MA
I don't have any advice for you, but if it were me I'd consult with my Nut & Surgeon and see what they have to say.  I wonder if they would have you eat more calories or something?!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
lerkhart
on 7/29/10 7:18 am
I think I would check with my surgeon/NUT also and see what they recommend. 

I have loose skin also and I'm not at goal yet.

Do you keep up with what you eat?  Do you know how many calories you are getting in a day?  How about exercise?  Could you add some good foods during the day.

Good luck.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 7/29/10 9:50 am - Butler, PA
According to the BMI calculator you are still in the normal range but at the bottom of it.  Talk to your surgeon and see what he has to say, but I'm guessing he will want you to increase your calories.

Do you still keep track of how many calories, fats, carbs, and proteins you eat.  I'm curious to know how your totals are.  

My loose skin is awful on my legs, but I can live with that. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Tantrica
on 7/29/10 10:21 am - An Army Base, XX
 Though I'm not malabsorptive I also got VERY tiny, 115 lbs on 5'6 frame.  I looked a bit too thin and people (myself included) thought I should gain a bit of weight.  A bit for me was 20 lbs (YIKES, that scared the DAYLIGHTS out of me!!) but at 135 lbs and a size 2 I'm fairly comfortable and everyone says I look MUCH better.  I only held steady at 115 for about 2 weeks before a few pounds at a time crept back on, then I had surgery and a slight unfill.  At my current weight I don't have to track my calories or carbs, my body is just comfortable!

MacMadame
on 7/29/10 2:52 pm - Northern, CA
If you have a small frame, you are probably still okay.

But I have to say that I don't agree when people say "your body will know when to stop". Sure, that happens to some people. But some people have to consciously eat more to get the weight loss to stop.

When I got down about where I wanted to be, I started adding in 200 calories a day and waiting 1-2 weeks to see what would happen. If I kept losing, I added in some more. If I had just kept doing what I was doing, I would have gotten down to skin and bones because I was eating 1200 calories a day and burning an average of 400 a day in exercise. It turns out I need 2000-2100 calories to maintain.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views