Question about pcm managed care

Legacylc
on 7/30/10 2:47 am - Fairfax, VA
I was just wondering for those that are having their care managed by their Primary care doc How often do you go and get check ups and labs. I am 4 weeks out and was wondering is it time for me to check in. I am not having any problems and I am able to eat on my surgeons schedule he said 6 months but I was thinking that was too far out. 

MajorMom
on 7/30/10 3:06 am - VA

My doc uses a 3, 6, 9 , and12 months for the first year and then yearly if all is well at the 12 month. 

There's a support group meeting at Fairfax Hosp this Tuesday night. I'm meeting one of the ladies at the Merrifield Swee****er Tavern at 5PM if you'd like to join us and then go to the support group at 7PM. We'll be tasting protein shakes with Dr E's new dietitian. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Legacylc
on 7/30/10 11:17 am - Fairfax, VA
 I would love to join you I just have to see what my work schedule is looking like next week and I will up date you with that on tuesday. I would love to get info and support from the group thank you so much for inviting me.
Jane W.
on 7/30/10 4:50 am - Southaven, MS
I saw my surgeon at 2 wks, next apt at 6 months, then 12months, then yearly.  No need to see PCP....Will get lab at surgeons hosp.  Actually I will see surgeon's NP at 6 months and a yr.
5'6"    
southernlady5464
on 7/30/10 5:18 am
Unfortunately for some of us, our surgeon isn't within travel distance for checkups...that's why the question about a pcp. Legacycl went out of country, I will be traveling to NYC and I live in TN. For follow up visits, my pcp makes better sense.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Legacylc
on 7/30/10 11:15 am - Fairfax, VA
 That is why I asked the question. I just wanted to see what schedule others are on that are not within traveling distance to their surgeon. I saw my PCM at 14 days and I just want to make sure I am within normal scheduling if I wait 3 months or so. I am doing well but just want to be on the safe side.

Thank you for clarifying my post

Jane W.
on 7/30/10 4:53 am - Southaven, MS
Oh, and I saw the NUT at 6 wks and again at 6 months.
5'6"    
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views