I cant believe it!

italianspice
on 8/2/10 7:42 am - Eastlake, OH
I had surgery on the thursday. Home on saturday, and its already monday!

I cant believe I have no hunger. I seem to have no sensation in my tummy yet. No nausea except for once in the hospital, and the zofran was great!
I have been sipping away at my liquids. I measure out my 2 oz of soup, or protein supplement mix and I eat very slowly. But I dont feel full or different. I do feel the gas pains, but thats lower.

Is this normal? I guess logically I think so, seeing that everything has been cut and sewn, but it seems so weird.

Everything else seems good, except feeling so tired. I fatigue easily. But I know this is temporary, I had that after my ovarian surgery also.

Just glad to be sitting on the loser bench, but I gained 7 pounds after surgery. So I hope this water weight will be off soon. And I dont get kicked off the bench! LOL

Have a great day!

Maria
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/10 8:16 am, edited 8/2/10 9:22 am
Way to go girl! I can remember not feeling much of anything the week after surgery, sounds pretty normal to me. Take care and let me know how you're doing, I'm about 7.5 months out and have lost 80 lbs so I'm doing fine.

HW-250/SW-245.4/CW174/MD'S GOAL153.7/MY GOAL 140 OR BELOW
NOTHING CHANGES IF I DON'T CHANGE!!!
Jody ***
on 8/2/10 8:53 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Yep - very normal.  Measuring your food and eating only what you can is the right way to go for now.

I felt restriction right after surgery and got full very fast.  I also had the gas pains - except I didn't know what they were!

That's water you've gained - it will come off - be patient and don't let it get you down.

You won't get kicked off - this is just the beginning of the best journey of your life!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

dackma
on 8/2/10 9:29 am
Maria, it sounds like you are recovery very well. You got through the toughest part. I can't wait to read how you are feeling day by day.  Success is coming!!
peyton88
on 8/2/10 8:10 pm - Madison, GA
Maria, you are doing awesome!  I gained 16 pounds in the hospital but it was all gone within 3 days of returning home!   Glad you have successfully made it to the other side!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

italianspice
on 8/2/10 11:49 pm - Eastlake, OH
Thanks guys!
I knew you would understand.

Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views