Random thoughts and a couple of questions

Kat70
on 8/5/10 7:14 am
Another technical question... how do I post my geographical location on my profile?  Some things are easy to do on here and some are just baffling.

Secondly, before surgery, even when trying to be "good," did you ever have days where you just really went crazy with craving starches and gave in?  Are there days like that postop for you?  Any thoughts and/or hints would be much appreciated.

BTW, I will soon be 60 and I am on 4 oral meds for type 2 diabetes.  I hope to be able to "cure" that problem with the surgery.

Kat70

P.S.  Thanks to those who posted the link to the picture re-sizer.

I am 4" 11"   HW: 207 SW: 190 CW: 163  Surgery date: 9/23/10            
gisele00
on 8/5/10 8:07 am
go to profile and settings and click yes for "show location".  you can play with all those options and you'll figure out the little deets.

i certainly crave sweets-mostly at night.

good luck
why buy the cow when you can sell the toaster

5' 9"
Kat70
on 8/5/10 8:19 am
Thanks!  And BTW, I really like your little quote.... not sure I understand it but it cracked me up!

graciesmommie
on 8/5/10 9:27 pm
Not sure about the technical stuff. Hope someone else can help.

We all have days like that but your tool gives you more control after surgery. I have learned to stomp that CARB MONSTER OUT! When I have incredibly hungry days I stomp them out on the treadmill. I also drink more water to help not be so hungry. The treadmill is my new comfort. I love my treadmill and IPOD. It seems to empower me.

I was on a lot of meds before surgery not for diabetes but for heart related problems and fibromyalgia. I took my last meds the morning of sugery. I have not had to take any since. i have gone from to high blood pressure to too low. I have gone from hurting everytime I exercise to hurting if I don't exercise. I don't have any regrets except not doing it sooner.

I wish you the best of luck along your journey. May you be blessed through this experience and achieve optimal health you deserve.Danielle
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Roz !!!!
on 8/6/10 12:09 am - Butler, PA
I am almost 2 years out and the only thing I really crave is my Lemon Tea Protein Drinks.  Which is wierd for me because before surgery I drank Diet Pepsi and it would take me all week to drink a 20 oz. bottle. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved sweets and carbs before surgery and that's how I got fat.  I don't crave them now, but If they are in my home and sitting there, then I take little bites during the day, so I just don't have them around.   They aren't something that I would go out and be tempted to buy though.  I can't remember what surgery you are having, but with the RNY just the thoughts of dumping keeps me under control.  

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Jane W.
on 8/6/10 12:20 am - Southaven, MS
Hi.  When I start really craving carbs, I eat an oz of nuts, or a cup of popcorn or maybe a few bites of cheese and crackers or a few tortilla chips and salsa.  (I don't seem to crave sweets....TG!!) I usually keep the calories to around 100 or so.  It seems to do the trick for me.  Good luck.
5'6"    
Kat70
on 8/6/10 3:42 am
Thanks for all the tips.  I am learning so much from everyone here.

Honestly, the worst craving I've had lately is for BBQ potato chips.  And my cravings do generally run more toward salty things than sweet but the Sweet Heat BBQ chips combine the worst of all worlds.... and I have really been terrible about them lately.

I am having the VSG on 9/23/10 and I am more excited about it every day.  Hopefully by next summer I'll be able to run after the 2 youngest grandchildren and keep up reasonably well (the very youngest is 4 months old now). 

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kat70

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...