170's are in Sight

FindingAndrea
on 8/7/10 12:24 am - Waterbury Center, VT
The mother of all roller coaster up and down stalls appears to really be over now. It took from mid May until today for me to dip down to my lowest weight so far, 185.6. My bariatric team assured me I just had to keep doing what I was doing and this would pass.

I thought I was going to lose my mind going up and down the same three pounds for nine weeks! I did however learn to let got and trust my body and that what I am doing is working for me and I am the only person it needs to work for.

So, I thought I just share my relief and I feel like I can see the 170's. The ten pounds between 189 and 179 will be the hardest ten pounds I've ever lose!

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

MajorMom
on 8/7/10 12:35 am - VA
Come on, 170's!!

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

FindingAndrea
on 8/7/10 10:47 am - Waterbury Center, VT
Thanks Gina. Your support means the world to me! I'll get there and hopefully it won't take me nine weeks, but whatever happens, happens. I am so much healthier. Every day on this journey is a learning one!

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

valleyfree
on 8/7/10 1:06 am - OR
Hang in there -- it will happen! I like to keep a list on my refrigerator of my weights. Whenever I lose a pound, I write it on the list. It always feels like I'm losing so slowly, but then I'll look back to a date a month or so before and see that 8 - 10 pounds are gone. It really helps me to keep motivated and to realize that thought it may be slow, it's still coming off.

You are doing awesome!
HW 247/SW 232/CW 135/GW 140 Height 5'4"  Age 43 A BIT BELOW GOAL

Jody ***
on 8/7/10 8:37 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I did the same thing with an online tracker.  I'm SO glad I did - I couldn't tell you how many times I looked back, thinking I was a slow loser and realizing the same thing you did. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

FindingAndrea
on 8/7/10 10:52 am - Waterbury Center, VT
Hi Jody, thanks so much for your continued support.I feel better knowing I am not the only one who has had to go through this extended time of up and down. My biggest fear was that I was failing this surgery and I see now that I wasn't...

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

FindingAndrea
on 8/7/10 10:49 am - Waterbury Center, VT
Thank you so much for your support! I appreciate it. I will start to keep a list like yours. My team told me to expect to lose slower because I was lighter to begin with, but I expected it to be faster... Eveyone's journey is different!

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

Linda D.
on 8/7/10 2:02 am - Armada, MI
Andrea -

Congratulations on busting your stall!  Nine weeks - wow - you must have been soooooo frustrated!  I just got through a 6-week stall, so I feel your pain.  You are right, though - you just have to keep doing what you know is "right" and sooner or later your body will decide to cooperate. 

I hope you reach the 170s quickly as a reward for your patience during those nine weeks!!
italianspice
on 8/7/10 3:59 am - Eastlake, OH
Whoot! Whoot!
You go girl. You will get there.
Keep visualizing those 170's and you will make it happen!!
Maria
Jody ***
on 8/7/10 8:38 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

It can be a tough process sometimes - but like you know, you have to do what's right for you and it WILL happen!

Keep it going - you may be surprised - those last 6 lbs may come off faster than you thought!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 412 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 473 views