Sunday Moring Ramblings-Topic ADD/ADHD

moondancer2000
on 8/7/10 11:07 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
I am going to evaluated for the ADD/ADHD this week.  So many things I either put off or didn't because I was obese.  No energy and what not.  I didn't finish anything cause I was tired, didn't want to go up that flight of stairs, blah blah blah..... Well, now I have energy and still can't get a damned thing done.  My mind races and darts from place to place.  I start tons of stuff and to date haven't finished a one.  So, I did what probably many docs hate, an on line test.  It said I was likely 81% ADD/ADHD.  So, I figured I'll get it checked out since Tricare will do it.  

Anyone else??

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

MajorMom
on 8/7/10 11:13 pm - VA
I've honestly thought about it. Get it done, what can it hurt?

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

moondancer2000
on 8/7/10 11:50 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
Morning Gina, what made you think you might be?  Yes, tricare will do it, already have a referral our for it.  Appt on Friday the 13th!!  LOL

MajorMom
on 8/8/10 12:38 am - VA
Same kind of things...can't finish one task before starting 2 others, mind can't recall names or recent information...

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

moondancer2000
on 8/8/10 12:46 am - Ft Rucker, AL
Umm... HUH?  LOL

Dawn H.
on 8/8/10 12:01 am - Nappanee, IN
I have been struggling with similar issues, went to my PCP this week and he prescribed Vyvanse.  It has taken a couple of days to get used to the side effects but everyday those are less.  I have found it extremely helpful.  I have been able to stay on task much better and am reading with retention! 

There are several web sites out there that offer test to see if you might have it.  Both of my kids are treated for adult attention disorder, I think I know now where they got it from!

Good luck!

Dawn

Dawn H LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatHW 232/ SW 210/ CW 122/ GW 125   HT 5'1"  

moondancer2000
on 8/8/10 12:06 am - Ft Rucker, AL
Morning Dawn.  I'm just looking up Vyvanse.  My PCM isn't able to give me a script for that, I have to be evaluated.  Hence my appt on Fri.  What side effect are you experiencing?

Dawn H.
on 8/8/10 3:46 am - Nappanee, IN
I'm just a little jittery, my kids tell me that it will go away in about a week.  It is an extended release medication, which we are supposed to avoid, mainly because of malabsorption.  I do feel though that I am absorbing enough to make it worth my money. 

Dawn H LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatHW 232/ SW 210/ CW 122/ GW 125   HT 5'1"  

gisele00
on 8/8/10 4:40 am
dawn-i'm really glad the vyvanse helps your symptoms.

i still am against PCPs(who are not psychopharmacologists) prescribing a central nervous system stimulant such as this med. 

from=U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health National Center for Biotechnology Information U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health=
"you should know that lisdexamfetamine  (vyvanse)should be used as part of a total treatment program for ADHD, which may include counseling and special education"

again=i'm really happy the meds are working for you but i have strong opinions and this is a "chat" board.  i have been witness to dozens of patients-myself included- who have been prescribed psych meds carelessly with grave consequences. 
 do yourself a favor and educate yourself well - no doctor will or can journal the effects of any med as well as you can. 

cheers and
all the best-
why buy the cow when you can sell the toaster

5' 9"
Lee ~
on 8/8/10 12:48 am - CA
What an interesting post.  I too start projects but never finish them.  My brother called me yesterday for info from the family tree I was doing.  I can't even remember the password for the website I was using, because it was 18 months ago.  I was so excited to start the project, then just dropped it.  I can name so many other projects just like that.  I have wondered if maybe I'm depressed and therefore drop projects, but I don't have other signs of depression.

I'll be so interested to see what you find out.  Where did you take the test?

Dawn, I'm interested in the side effects and how you're doing on the meds.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 490 views