Surgery on Monday, BM on Saturday... can't complain!

Cort0807
on 8/14/10 1:30 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
Yes, this is one of THOSE posts. Let me tell ya, I just need to express relief that they reconnected my gut to my butt correctly thus far. Every time I see a bowel obstruction post I was wondering and hoping everything is good with my innards because I'd had the post-op soreness so was quite worried I wouldn't recognize something fishy. I'd heard of it taking up to a couple weeks to have the first BM but when I felt the urge today I was happy as molasses. I didn't see anything abnormal to indicate anything bad or remnant blood being passed so I guess all is well is there.

I am realizing I am going to have to focus on protein sooner than the surgeon's plan requires otherwise I feel like a woozy bear. A good dose of protein and hello world, I'll push myself until I know I honestly need to stop. Today I mastered paying a bill, drinking lots of fluids, a stop at Walmart, and then stopped at the Commissary on post. The heat got to me pretty bad though and it was obvious my time was up. Got home and pumped some extra fluids in before a nap.

MajorMom
on 8/14/10 8:08 pm - VA
Congratulations on being a good pooper! lol  We talk about everything here, so no worries. Expect to be tired your first month or so but feed your body they way you need to feed it...fluids, protein and vitamins. And, get your rest. Good job at listening to your body.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

italianspice
on 8/14/10 10:59 pm - Eastlake, OH
Sounds like you are doing amazing!
All systems go! so to speak!
Maria