I am finally without a wardrobe

vixen01
on 5/1/11 10:12 pm
Good moring! As the weather has become warmer I realized that I have no clothes to wear. Everything I have is an 18, 16 and now 14's don't work either although at least I can get by in a 14. The new size I need is a 12. I was wondering if anyone was interested in receving my old clothes. I'd hate to trash them because many are very good name brands such as Tommy Bahama, Jones NY, Dana Buchman (just to name a few). If anyone is interested who may be this size now (as they are loosing) please let me know. I am sure many can be sent via USPS.

Also, if anyone has any old size 12 clothes and wants to depart with them feel free to drop me a line.

SW: 245  GW: 150  CW: 142 

th_LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg        
Jody ***
on 5/1/11 10:31 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
A lot of us donated our clothes to Goodwill (or a similar organization).  There was a thread recently about selling on eBay.  I've heard success stories from that, but it takes a lot of work.... also donating to programs for women Dressing for Success (not sure what kind of clothes you have)

I think there is a clothing swap board on OH - but haven't looked at it in ages...

Initially I was buying my transition clothes at stores, getting great sales deals, but now I love the thrift stores.  I probably could have saved even more money if I'd have discovered them during my weight loss phase, 

Don't buy too much as you're losing as you won't be in them for long.  It seems once you get into the 12's and below the sizes just drop fast!!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

vixen01
on 5/1/11 10:45 pm
Yes, I was thinking to donate to teh local church and someone suggested I give them to an organization such as dress for success as well. Many are business and formal wear clothing. As well as shorts and dresses etc. There is a local store that does do consignment and has plus size (true rarity) but I plan to check that out too. I hope the size doesn't drop too fast because I really only wanna be a size 10. I still have like 16 piunds to loose so if I can help it I wont go any further. I am amazed sometimes at how much my body has changed.

Thanks!

Stacey N.
on 5/1/11 10:32 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I found a friend in my neighborhood who could wear my old clothes (really nice ones too) and am in the same boat you are, I am without summer clothes LOL.... But I am not sure what size I am wearing right now, my size 10 jeans are SUPER baggy everywhere, my size 8 khakis are a bit snug on the waist but my thighs and butt are sagging really bad...

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

vixen01
on 5/1/11 10:47 pm
I can relate being in and out of sizes. My body is weird because I am so small on top and the bottom is always a different size. As soon as I can hit the gym again I will. I need to tone up for real. Best of luck shopping and finding that perfect fit!

baat2010
on 5/2/11 2:47 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
What a nice offer! I am a 14 and 16 right now. However, I don't know if our height or coloring are aligned. I am 5'1'' and a "winter" (black, primary colors, pinks, blues, etc.)

Thanks.
Amy

P.S. I am giving all of my bigger clothes to a colleague. It is fun shopping for her in my closet!
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Rhie P.
on 5/2/11 4:37 am, edited 5/4/11 5:04 am

I will take them=)  I am a tight 14, comfortable 16 right now.....I also happen to be a very slow loser (1lb a week on a GOOD week).  Let me know what ya need from me.

Rhietta P

Rhie

baat2010
on 5/2/11 9:11 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with

Feel free to send them to Rhietta.  No worries!  Thanks for the generous offer. 
Amy

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
RaggetyAnn
on 5/2/11 11:19 am
VSG on 02/15/11 with
Rhietta,
Please consider deleting your post now that she has your address.
It is never a good idea to post your phone number or address on forums like this.  There are just too many whackos out there.
tracey

RaggetyAnn  (I'm just a RaggetyAnn in a Barbie Doll world.)
hw: 216 sw: 200 cw: 156 dgw: 134 mgw: 124

vixen01
on 5/2/11 11:48 pm
Rhietta, I would love to send you some stuff. Why don't you PM me with your email address I can take pics of some of the stuff and email you. Then you can decide what works for your style. Please delete your post with your address I have made a note and could always get it from you via email if I mispalce it.

TTYS!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...