Question regarding maintenance

vixen01
on 5/4/11 10:26 pm
I am almost there 13 pounds to go for goal and very excited!! I am just curious what most of you did when you reached goal with regard to maintenance.

I really don't wanna go lower than 150 and at this point I am not going out of my way to loose. I haven't exercised since I recently had surgery and the weight is still dropping. I am blessed for that but wonder what will happen when I get to 150...my husband has his panties in a bunch about my continued loss....he'd like me to stop. I still don't eat very much (naturally) so I guess I need tips for maintenance. For sure once I am well from surgery, I will go back to my gym routine. I gotta get some muscle tone.
  SW: 245  GW: 150  CW: 142 

th_LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg        
Jody ***
on 5/4/11 10:51 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I had a number in mind for a goal, but when I hit it I didn't change ANYTHING.  I think I'm part of a very small percentage of people who did stop pretty much at goal.  I did lose a few more pounds, but bounced back up.  You say 150?  That was my original goal too - I'm 5'3"... and my goal ended up being 125.  When I said 150 the Dr looked at me like I was nuts.... I based it on 15 years prior when I hit 150 and I looked GOOD.  Things changed...

Just let your body decide.  When I was continuously asked "are you STILL losing weight" I'd say - nope, just maintaining, even though I was.  I realize its harder to do when its your hubby.. but remember, he hasn't seen you like this, maybe ever, maybe in a long time.  It could be some insecurities on his part too - that's very common.

Just let him know you love him, you're healthy and doing the right thing for both of you (health issues).

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 11:11 pm
 I would definitely try to go UNDER  my goal weight if my body allowed it (  mine won't ) to  permit some leeway for  bounce -back and just  normal aging related weight gain in the coming years . 

Yes  we do gain weight  with age  just like normal folks- middle aged spread and all that !  

So  getting JUST to goal  means touching it for a MINUTE and then  LANDING  for most people a dress  size or two UP which means , at  heart  , some  too- small  clothes in the closet and some sadness and some feeling like a failure  .. still.  

Please  keep in mind that  Ur face  , being relatively far from the heart can  look gaunt when U  are losing  while other harder to lose are as liek the thighs , the butt , the legs are still pillowy .   

Ur face fills back out  ... as do Ur boobies  at least mine did . 

If I had a chance to do-over i'd probably  try to  be stricter and go lower honestly ... in my allotted  "honeymoon period "  

Losing later is  a LOT harder  ...  

vixen01
on 5/5/11 2:06 am
Yeah I agree about going lower then goal. My docs goal was 160 and mine was 150. I really don't wanna be too thin and hoping that with weights I can get a little bulk. I was very atheletic some years ago and weighed 174 steady but was very toned. Not sure if I can get that back but definitely wont like being less then 150.

My boobs are gone for ever.....my bra size has shrunk and I currently only have 2 bras (one of which fit well). 34D for me It was 40 & 38DD -- gone forever.

MacMadame
on 5/5/11 9:47 am - Northern, CA
 Mine went up a cup size after I stopped losing.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Mara C.
on 5/5/11 2:09 am - Millbury, MA
I hope my boobies fill back in.... haven't yet!!!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Mara C.
on 5/5/11 2:08 am - Millbury, MA
I am around 150lbs and in maintenance.  I just check my weight at least once a week, try to track my foods 3-4 times a week.  My Nut said to keep my calories around 1200 a day to maintain.  I always do protein first, exercise,  take my vitamins, & fluids.  I bounce anywhere between 148-154 lbs.  When I go up to 155 (which I haven't yet), I will get a little stricter I guess or track a little more diligently.  So far, I've only been in maintenance for about 9 months... So, i don't know if this will always work, but for now it seems to be.  My personal rule is to do what I should at least 80% of the time, and that is what is realistic for me.... my surgeon is good with that!  I like you mentioned could use a little more muscle tone, I got to add that to my routine too!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
fatoldbat
on 5/5/11 3:20 am
wish i could answer your question.  i'm terrified of maintenance!    best wishes to you!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
vixen01
on 5/5/11 4:01 am
Why are you terrified...your ticker says your at goal so you much be doing something right.

Congrats on your success!

fatoldbat
on 5/5/11 9:42 pm
it scares me because i've failed at maintenance for the past 30 years.....i've always lost, gained, lost, gained, lost and gained.  i've never succeeded at maintenance so it makes me terribly nervous.
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...