scar tissue

Rebecca73
on 2/12/12 12:48 pm - North Pole , AK
the surgeon went in 4 of the same places and 1 new one. The 4 well those spots feel funny like a ball, do you think that will always be there from the scar tissue? I see my surgeon in 7 weeks so i will ask then but thought i would ask here. Also by belly feels kinda numb, just a little. it is weird.

MajorMom
on 2/12/12 6:36 pm - VA
Probably a little scar tissue and nerve disturbance. As long as they aren't red, oozing or feverish... I hope the hard bumps go away with a little time. You may start feeling little twinges or *****ly sensation where you're numb now as the feeling comes back.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 2/12/12 8:31 pm - Mills River, NC
the PT has had me doing a lot of messaging of my knee scar to keep the scar tissue down and not let adhesions form.  That was after it was well closed but I would think the same thing would help your spots.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Panda ..
on 2/13/12 2:31 am
Rebecca73
on 2/13/12 12:08 pm - North Pole , AK

Panda,

my band doesnt really feel any different. It will tell when I go back to solid foods, im not in a hurry to get there :)

rbb825
on 2/13/12 4:42 pm - Suffern, NY
a few months ago I was having terrible abdominal pains and my surgeon said it was scar tissue.  So, he injected into the area and told me to massage the area for 15 minutes 3 times per day for a week to break up the scar tissue and it really worked for a while. IT hurts again and he had told me I could come back for another injection and I think I might try it.  You might set try massing the area 3 times per day to see if it works

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views