In a lot of pain right now

glzgowlass
on 8/6/12 5:06 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 Don't know what I've done. At 11 months out this is new to me. Pouch is really sore. Started after lunch which was a small ham sandwich that I couldn't finish. I was uncomfortable but now at 3 hours later I am doubled up in pain. Nothing feels stuck or anything and I am typing this in between trips to the bathroom to be sick but my lunch has left my pouch so although I can't stop gagging nothing is coming up. I took a few sips of water and this triggered my gaggIng and made my pouch pain worse. 

Any ideas on what is causing this. I didn't eat anything new. It just feels like sharp stabbing pains   Hope this passes soon

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Price S.
on 8/6/12 5:40 am - Mills River, NC
Sorry you are not doing well.  Hopefully by now it is over.  I have not really experienced exactly that but if I don't chew dense meat well enough, it can cause my tummy to be sore.  Do you have any papaya enzyme?  It would be worth taking a handful, actually 5 I think.  That has made me feel better in similar situations.  It could be the bread too.  A lot of folks have trouble with bread.  Even if nothing is new and you have never had a problem with it before, it doesn't mean you won't ever.  That seems to be pretty common with us RNY folks too.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

glzgowlass
on 8/6/12 5:46 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 Yeah it's easing up a bit. I haven't had that bread in a few weeks and I usually toast it. Dunno if that's what it was or not. Just lying down for now.  I'll risk some water in a bit and see how I do. 

LinR
on 8/6/12 7:51 am
Sounds like something is stuck there.  Hope passess or comes back up.

Elizabeth_Ann
on 8/6/12 8:07 am
 It might not hurt to check in with your doctor - especially if you still have your gall bladder. It could possiibly be a gall bladder attack. I'm not trying to worry you - I just think you might want to rule out anything serious so you can put your mind at ease.

I hope you feel better. If you are all better now, you might just try bread again in a week or so and see if that is the problem. It could be as simple as that. Also - I have trouble with ham sometimes so I don't know if that could be an issue too.

Good luck! Sending hugs and prayers your way for a speedy recovery!

Hugs, 

Liz

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

glzgowlass
on 8/6/12 9:21 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 Oh, you're not worrying me.  In fact I was looking the symptoms up for this earlier.  I'm not feeling nearly as bad right now.  I just ate some salame and am fine, so I don't think it's a ham thing. -Thank God, I do like anything that comes off a pig.

So happy the pain is 99% gone.  I was even wondering if it was just bad gas.  I don't get that a lot so sometimes I find it hard to recognize when I do have issues as it is so surprisingly painful.  Just don't know why for about 20 mins I was wretching into the toilet with nothing coming up.

Would that be typical of a gall bladder attack?  Does it come and go?  My mum had to have her gall bladder out years ago, but I still have mine.

Elizabeth_Ann
on 8/6/12 9:58 am
 Gall bladder attacks do come and go. You can actually live with gall bladder disease for a long time if the attacks aren't so overwhelming that you can't function. Also, if the stones don't block the common bile duct, you can get by for a while. I just worried about your gall bladder because gall bladder disease is so prevalent when we lose a lot of weight. Maybe if you check with your doctor, he or she can figure out if it's something to worry about or not.

Good luck with this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs, 

Liz

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

singdoremi
on 8/6/12 10:29 am - NJ
I hope you are feeling better!
glzgowlass
on 8/6/12 12:18 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 Thanks guys and yeah, I am feeling better for now.  If it happens again, I will ask the doc about it.

Interestingly, I threw up a couple of weeks ago right after I ate and this is unusual for me, but on that occasion there was no pain, just nausea so probably isn't connected with this.  But I'll keep an eye on it.

Roz !!!!
on 8/6/12 9:29 pm, edited 8/6/12 9:30 pm - Butler, PA
I'm glad things are easing up for you! If it happens again talk to your DR. about it.

My gall bladder acted up about every couple of months before I realized that was the problem.

You also right to think it might be gas....boy that can be super painful.

I think if something was stuck you would know it but gagging is a pretty good sign for something stuck.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...