4lbs in 2 weeks!

patlivs
on 7/15/13 10:30 pm

I have lost 4lbs in 2 weeks and I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I have 50 more to lose. I have been having a hard time getting in my protein since the shakes i used pre-op were atkins and they make me nauseous. Any suggestions for a different shake. I have also had a hard time with constipation and have been eating prunes daily but not working great. Any help is appreciated.

Candy V.
on 7/15/13 10:56 pm, edited 7/15/13 10:56 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Congrats on the 4 lbs lost!  Try the RTD premier protein drinks at Sams Club.  30 grams of protein and east-just chill, shake and drink :)  I like them.

Adding fruits and veggies will help with constipation if you have pouch room

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

patlivs
on 7/16/13 10:50 am

Hi I'm kind of disappointed with only 4 # I was expecting more. I'm hardly eating anything and mostly concentrating on my liquids for fear of dehydration! I get full so fast and i feel nauseous most of the time:( Thank you for your help i will be working on finding something i can supplement with. Wow you lost all your excess weight in less than a year!! So happy for you!

Tracy D.
on 7/15/13 11:38 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I can't really do fruit or veggies right now (maybe a couple bites) because of pouch size and the desire to keep my carbs below 40 each day.  But I do take a 1/2 dose of Miralax every other day in my morning protein shake and it works great.  Miralax is also something you can take on a long-term basis. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Price S.
on 7/16/13 1:14 am - Mills River, NC

I would be surprised if fruits other than very soft cooked or veggies, again, very soft cooked would be on your list yet, but every dr is different.  I have used benefiber from day one and miralax after my knee surgery and I was on pain meds.  I mix mine in my protein coffee each morning and never know it is there. I do a very healthy dose of the benefiber and a normal dose of miralax.  You can do 2 a day if needed.  MOM is the other recommendation if you don't get relief with the others.

there are so many kinds of protein out there.  If you go to Vitalady, you can order samples of different kinds to see what you like without getting a whole tub of something.  Early out, you need 100% whey isolate because that is what you digest the best and can absorb.  I love Syntrax Nectar.  I used Unjury Chicken soup early out because I wanted something that wasn't sweet.  I don't like any of the ready to drink stuff.  Others don't like powders.  You just have to keep trying until you find something you can live with.  It is so important to your health and healing. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 7/16/13 1:42 am

I use Miralax in the morning and 2 colace stool softners each day and still have problems sometimes.   It is just part of it for me.

I love the Syntrax Nectar protein.  Like Price said, you can order samples from Vitalady.com.  I would do that and find one or two that you really like.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!!

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
patlivs
on 7/16/13 10:54 am

Thank you Linda. I hope i find something that can keep me somewhat regular. I have always been so and it is so bothersome. I'm always worried. I will continue to work on it. Appreciate all the help. Thank you!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 285 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 408 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 469 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 493 views