So I know it's been ages but I'm still around and so HAPPY!

BrandNewMe2014
on 10/19/14 10:25 pm

Hello everyone!  My life has been an incredible whirlwind for last 4 months and promised to keep going that way, but in the midst of all that I have lost all the weight I expected and am still losing!  I am comfortably wearing a 6 in dress clothes and a 4 in jeans.  IN fact I bought a pair of jeans the other day that were a size 2 insane!!!  I am sure they were mis-marked but I will keep those tags for the rest of my life.  My goal was/is 135 because that sounded like a nice "girly" weight to me in the beginning and it seemed somewhat pie in the sky.  Now I am not sure if that will be too thin for me.  I will see what it looks like when I get there, for I will surely get there.  My face has sort of melted and that part upsets me.  I can deal with the hanging skin on my arms, stomach and thighs because no one sees that but me and my husband but my face?  That bums me out.  I look (to me) ten years older.  But my body is slammin if I do say so myself :) and buying clothes? OMG most fun I've had in years. Period.  Not just in the clothes department but in life. Sad? True! I'm going to chime in on the life updates page too about the more personal stuff but just wanted to share the weightloss joys here.  

Lapband 2004 103 lbs lost reflux, weight regain - Revision to RNY Feb 25th 2014

Roz !!!!
on 10/20/14 12:32 am - Butler, PA

I'm so glad you posted and your WL journey has been sooooo successful!!  My face showed terrible signs from the lose....skin color and dark circles around my eyes but once I was on maintenance and bounced up some pounds it perked right back up.  Try not to worry about it and please don't stop before your body is ready because your bounce back might be to high. Get rest, eat healthy, and buy some good makeup to get your through this part. You are sooo close to get that 100 pound golden apple on your signature something I really am bummed about not getting.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 10/20/14 3:29 am - Mills River, NC

Welcome back.  Sounds like you are doing great.  It is an amazing journey for sure.  I imagine your face will perk back up with redistribution.  Not to worry yet.  And as Roz suggested, let your body decide when to stop.  Mean while, stick around.  There are a bunch of us working our way through the rest of our lives.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 10/20/14 9:49 am

Congratulations on your success!  Maintenance is the hardest part.  I agree with Roz & Price, let your body stop on it's on and go as low as you can.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
singdoremi
on 10/20/14 9:52 am - NJ

Congratulations! I know what you mean about looking older. I feel the same way. All of a sudden I see wrinkles that  I never had before. Better to have the wrinkles on the face then then the high cholesterol, triglycerides, hypertension, etc. Keep up the good work!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

BrandNewMe2014
on 10/21/14 2:38 am

Thanks all!  :o) 

Lapband 2004 103 lbs lost reflux, weight regain - Revision to RNY Feb 25th 2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views