Menus and Miles Sunday October 19th

Roz !!!!
on 10/18/14 9:46 pm - Butler, PA

Hello to all of our Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!   Besides my tool,  I count  Posting on the LW board as my #1 reason for being successful on this exciting journey!!!!     

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!!   AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!!  THEY ARE ADDICTING!!  THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!!  THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD  CHOICES  during the Honeymoon Period.

Happy Sunday!!   Daylight is trying to start but all I see is a sunless dark cloudy sky.  It's kind of cool looking actually.   By the time I finished writing this the sun started peeking out.

Yesterday DH and I spent the day putting away all of our outside furniture and flower garden decorations and then I put up a few fall things. We didn't get much packing done but DH said he got his clothes hunted up and washed so we should be able to get it  done the next couple of days.  My DD's are packed and ready to go. It tires me just thinking about packing kids enough stuff for 10 days.

Yesterday morning we went out to a little restaurant for breakfast and the oatmeal and sausage was delish but then they had a  tray of HUGE fresh Amish made donuts. They were so big DH and I shared one.  Have you ever had an Amish donut?  This was our first one and it just melts in your mouth.  Apparently there is an Amish family that sets up at a different business each Saturday and makes donuts and cookies from scratch and you can buy them right out of the oven.  I guess this has been going on all summer but we just heard about it yesterday but I'm guessing my scale would think that's a good thing. 

Maintenance:   6+ years out!!!

Breakfast:        Oatmeal

Lunch:              Eating out somewhere       

Snack:              Nature Valley Gluten Free Almond Crunch Bar (YUMMY Nuts)

Dinner:            

Snack:              3 TBS. of Plain Popcorn Kernels made in microwave

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 10/19/14 10:05 am

Hi Roz,

Day two of low carb - yeah for me!!

Are y'all going on a cruise for 10 days or to Florida?  I can't remember what you had posted.  I can't imagine me packing for 10 days.  Everybody laughs at how much stuff I take for a weekend with all my vitamins, protein and different foods that I like to have for me and then the shoes because I can never decide what type shoes I want to take so I take several different pairs and usually end up wearing the same pair all the time.

I've never had a Amish doughnut and probably don't need to even try one.  I'm having a hard enough time right now without adding anything else that I like to eat-LOL.

B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
S:  Decaf Coffee
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
L:  Skillet stuffed peppers, carbquik cinnamon roll
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
D:  Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
S:  Cream Cheese Blueberry Carbquik Muffin
S:  Chocolate Truffle Protein Drink

Vitamins:  Done
Water/Fluids:  90 ozs.
Miles:  None

Linda 

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 10/20/14 12:46 am - Butler, PA

Congrats on on doing low carb!!   I always have to keep reminding myself the first few days because I grab something because habits come back so quickly but it does get better.

We are flying in Friday and going to Downtown Disney but then leaving Saturday for a 7 day cruise. I guess we come home on the 9th day.  There is a washer and dryer on each floor of the ship so I'm sure with 4 kids I will be the one who volunteers to go to the laundry room.

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 10/19/14 11:00 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

I'm not a sweet person so the desserts and sweets are easy for me to resist.  Mix salt with it - and I'm lost!  LOL

I spent the day drilling MORE holes in my soffit.  My arm is resisting and screaming.  I have tendonitis but I REFUSE to let it stop me.  I had a contractor over today telling me I was doing it right.  That feels good.  But I didn't get as much done today as I had planned.  Its not a sprint but a journey.. yea, I keep telling myself!  I wonder why I feel SO OLD today!  I'm exhausted and don't feel as though I've done anymore than normal.  Oh well...

My eating has been good

B - coffee w/creamer

L - leftover cheeseburger soup - oops - I promised to post it and I will!

D - chicken with a mushroom sauce - yummy!

Vits:  yes

Water:  probably a little low.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 10/20/14 12:51 am - Butler, PA

Oh my goodness I LOVE sweets and salt!!   Parties can be disastrous for me depending on what group I am partying with and who I think might be watching me.

Why are you drilling holes in your soffit?  Tendonitis is hard to calm down once it's inflamed maybe you should listen to it. 

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 10/20/14 1:30 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

It literally takes NOTHING for my tendonitis to flare up again.  I just work through it and put icy hot on it.  That does seem to help.  Yes, I've taken Motrin too - I know.. I really try not to and don't often (rarely).  Just when it gets to the point nothing else is working.  Yes, and to compound it - I'm taking a boxing exercise class... yea, by the time the class is over I can feel it!  I've definitely been feeling my age lately.

I don't have the appropriate airflow through my attic.  When the house was built there were just gables on each end for airflow.  I had my new roof put on and a gable vent installed - well... I found out that once I did that, air came in but had no place to go, thus pushing the stinky stuff into the house.  This has made it so I need soffit vents... I'm saving a bundle doing it myself (had a quote of $2k and $1K).  I've almost got the back of the house done.  If I can't get the rest done by the time I go back to VA I'll have to hire the rest out. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Price S.
on 10/19/14 1:02 pm - Mills River, NC

I did walk this morning but it wasn't as cold as they had predicted it would be.  Then I drove Teke and worked on some of the bank accounts. 

decaf protein coffee  33g
protein pancake w/ blackberries
lemon tea protein  13g
end of the beef veggie soup/cheese
lemon tea protein  13g
fish, cole slaw
protein shake  23g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 10/20/14 12:52 am, edited 10/20/14 12:52 am - Butler, PA

Busy Busy...that's our Price!

Blackberries is one fruit that I really don't like.  I think it's the seeds. Cantaloupe is the other one.  I can't even stand the smell.

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

MajorMom
on 10/19/14 6:58 pm - VA

Ha!  We called anything that looked like a donut a "fat pill".  We would fuss at the guy that brought them in to work and then the guys would eat them and the girls would split one 4 ways...and everyone would run 2 miles that afternoon.  Hooah!  

Hi guys,

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
B - 2 protein coffees (60g) [heaping scoop of vanilla protein powder, a dash of cinnamon, 3-6 oz of 1/2 & 1/2, and enough coffee to fill a 20 ounce blender bottle to the tip]
2nd B - egg and sausage
S - coffee and Greek yogurt w/blueberries
L - white chicken chili
S - peanuts
S - popcorn
D - 2 cheesy hot dogs, 1 bun and a hard cider
S - CarbSmart ice cream

VITES:
morning batch: done
4 calcium batches:  done
iron: skipping
evening batch: done
heme iron: done

MILES:
none

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 10/20/14 1:10 am - Butler, PA

hahaha.  It's funny how some guys can eat and eat food like that and never gain an ounce or don't care.  My director is worse than most of the women that work here though.  He isn't overweight at all but he is always on a diet.  He would be the one to split it 4 ways. 1/2 is usually the way our woman split but I think they do it so they can try another 1/2 later in the day.

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...