Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger soup per Roz' request!

Jody ***
on 10/20/14 2:08 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Roz had requested my Cheeseburger soup recipe.  I thought I'd post it here for everyone to see.  If you use Pinterest like I do, you can follow the link below and PIN it.  I use Pinterest for my own personal recipe folder.  I keep a lot of my favorites there so I have them wherever I go.

This is titled Bacon Cheeseburger soup.  Now - who doesn't like bacon in almost EVERYTHING?  Well.. First time I made it I didn't have any bacon so I left it out and like it, second time I included it and didn't really care for the taste - it seemed (to me) like the bacon overpowered it.  The third time I halved the bacon, which helped a lot, but I personally like it better without the bacon.

This is one of those "soups" that is even better the next and subsequent days.  I also included mushrooms in mine (I put them in almost everything!).  You can modify as you like - really I don't think there is anything you could do to ruin this soup!  Oh, it's not the consistency of fluid soup, but thicker.  I've (in the past) wanted mine just a little thicker and put a little cornstarch in it - worked like a charm!

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Low-Carb-Bacon-Cheeseburger-Soup-Food_com-177994

Ingredients:

Servings:

Servings 4
4-5

Units: US | Metric

Directions:1

1. Brown the beef in a large pot then drain any excess grease.
  2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients then simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes. (Stir occasionally while cooking).

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Price S.
on 10/20/14 3:22 am - Mills River, NC

sounds yummy.  I love soup and having it around for a quick meal.  Thanks.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 10/20/14 9:47 am

Thanks Jody.  That sounds good.

I love Pinterest and have a board for food and keep a lot of recipes there.  It is so easy to get back to them.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 10/20/14 10:24 pm - Mills River, NC

I haven't figured out Pinterest.  I joined but can't seem to use it.  It always surprises me when I get notices about folks following me when I do nothing on there.  Maybe I'll see about keeping recipes there.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Vivian Prouty
on 10/20/14 11:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Thank you for this.   Sounds really good.   I may have to give this one a try !!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Roz !!!!
on 10/21/14 12:02 am - Butler, PA

Thanks Jody!!   When we get home from vacation it should be really good soup weather. I hope DH will try it!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Linda B.
on 10/26/14 2:47 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

I pinned it, as soon as soup weather hits, this is dinner.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views