MONDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 10/26/14 11:29 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Good Monday Everyone,

First thing everyday I do is search for a Motivational Quote to place on several WLS forums that I belong to. In my search this morning I found this and I thought WOW....that will be appropriate to share with you about Gratitude. Here it is......The struggle ends when the gratitude begins. - Neale Donald Walsch. I don't know how many of you STRUGGLE daily with your food addiction but I do...especially when stress is high in my life. I hate that at 9 yrs. post op I still turn to food for comfort at times when I am mega stressed out. Just want you to know that if this happens to you that you are NOT alone and don't be ashamed to admit it. Admitting that you have issues is IMHO a step to overcoming it. I am working on this and I am SO very grateful for all the knowledge that I run across when I search for things to post on here. BTW.....I choose my Motivational Quotes I post by what quote
"speaks to m". You see.....I am STILL a work in process....I will NEVER be perfect in this life long journey to better health....BUT I am trying my hardest to grasp my mind around taking charge of my thoughts before bad actions that place that will cause a weight gain or having to de-carb my body. I don't know what possessed me to share this with you this AM but I feel that maybe this will help someone who is struggling with stress eating....you are NOT alone. Not at all !!! I am SO very grateful for my WLS tool and how much it has made my life worth living. Without it....there is NO WAY this 61 yr. old lady would be able to sit in the floor and play with the love of my life ( my 2 yr. old granddaughter ) for sometimes seems like hours. She always wants her Mimi to sit on the floor. LOL Grateful for her baby sister who will be here in March and I know Mimi will be on the floor probably crawling around and playing with her as well. Makes me want to cry sometimes because there is NO way at almost 300 lbs. I would ever be able to do the things that I now do. I am so grateful for everything and everyone that has come into my life to make me a stronger person and a wiser person with my food addiction. I am just plain ole grateful this AM to the point that I am shedding tears of joy. PLEASE share if you will what you are grateful for and have a super blessed monday !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

lerkhart
on 10/27/14 2:38 am

Maybe it was for me!!  Thanks Vivian, I needed that.  I am such a stress eater and when my job gets stressful all I can think of is what can I find to eat that has sugar and carbs in it...

So thankful for my WLS which does not allow for much of a binge on the sugar at one time.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Deb K
on 10/28/14 9:33 am

Thanks for posting this and I am so glad that you shared about stress eating.  God bless.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views