Menus and Miles Tuesday Dec. 23rd

Roz !!!!
on 12/23/14 3:21 am - Butler, PA

Hello to all of our Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!   Besides my tool,  I count  Posting on the LW board as my #1 reason for being successful on this exciting journey!!!!     

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!!   AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!!  THEY ARE ADDICTING!!  THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!!  THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD  CHOICES  during the Honeymoon Period.

LW's I'm so sorry I have been laxed in my duties!!!  Getting ready for Christmas and cutting back my hours for a couple of weeks has me running circles.  I used to think it was hard with buying for 3 our 3 girls but now I have 8 grandkids and 3 sons-in-laws too and it's a bit over whelming.  I'm not a buy one present kind of Mom/Grandma.  When the presents go under the tree half the living room will be taken up. 

Maintenance:   6+ years out!!!

Breakfast:        

Snack:               Sliver of an apple roll

Lunch:               1/2 an Arby's Market Fresh Sandwich

Snack:               Piece of Peppermint Chocolate Candy

Snack:               Nature Valley Almond Crunch (Buy the Gluten Free...it's Yummy Nuts and not super sweet)

Dinner:              Pizza...everyones coming to decorate the tree

Snack:               3 TBS of Popcorn

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 12/23/14 4:57 am - Mills River, NC

It's a busy time of the year.  I can't imagine having that much family to buy for.  Even if you don't consider the money, the time it must take is amazing.
I am done shopping and did the last of the groceries today.  I had to go to 4 groceries to find fresh cranberries, really!!!  It isn't just Christmas dinner, it is the whole weekend which starts with DS coming home tonight.  With just DH and me, I cook 1 meat, 1 veggie and that is about it.  With both guys home, I had to do more of a meal plus breakfast every morning.  I am sneaking to Aiken Friday morning, coming home Sat afternoon so I can get some driving lessons before my next competition.  Otherwise, it would be a very very long weekend at home with the guys. 
The weather here has been awful.  Cold and wet.  At least Aiken is suppose to be warm and sun.

decaf protein coffee  33g
flax muffin
burger patty in 1/3 low carb wrap, orange
lemon tea protein  13g
sausage, kraut, bite of potato
protein shake  33g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/14 9:16 am
VSG on 11/17/14

Hi Roz!!! It's hard to believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow night. It sounds like you are really busy. I started on regular food yesterday and I'm doing good. -Diane

Roz !!!!
on 12/30/14 3:04 am - Butler, PA

Awesome!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

UBi FIT
on 12/23/14 10:05 am
VSG on 08/06/12

Merry  Christmas & Happy Holidays wahoo! Well I have been gone for a few months from the site.  No computer,  no  internet etc.. well just today i finally have wifi and my phone works in the country. Still no computer..maybe next year? Holidays are hard for me. Im creeping up to 135 in the morning's after I pee! Not exceptable. So figured I'll get back into Sunday weigh ins and get back to 130. Strangely having to weigh on there kept me accountable! Two yeats out I don't want to start an upward climb! 

May you all enjoy the Holiday Season!

Dr. Goal 137-140 my goal 130. Fantasy goal 125

Roz !!!!
on 12/30/14 3:06 am - Butler, PA

I've missed you!!!!   You can get those 5 pounds off!!! 

Roz

on Maintenance

UBi FIT
on 12/30/14 3:33 am
VSG on 08/06/12

I'm working it. It seems like every choice has been a struggle and I truly see my old traditions ,habits and  yo yo dieting returning. Any help or ideas to get this way of thinkn gone? I heard 2 years out is when it gets tough. :(

Roz !!!!
on 12/30/14 4:05 am - Butler, PA

I struggle off an on with carbs and sweets.  I've found if I beat myself up that it just makes it worse.  The most important thing is I can't think of this as a diet.  If I want a piece of cake I enjoy it.  I try to think like a "thin" person.  I doubt they beat themselves up or think about "dieting" after having a  piece of cake or a few pieces of candy. 

I've had to give up my Protein drinks because have IC (painful bladder syndrome) so I've been eating a lot of protein.  I still eat numerous small meals during the day.  In fact I practically eat all day long.  On the days that I don't eat much that's when I slip up.

Try decarbing and concentrate strictly on Protein.  It only takes a week or so to get your mind off of carbs and sweets.

UBi FIT
on 12/30/14 11:38 am
VSG on 08/06/12

Thank you, and I find when I don't eat i too get naughty. So you think perhaps eating small every few hours and only if it's protein? Cheese, jerky , greek yogurt, cottage cheese that sound ok? Should I do my protein drinks? I have a years worth!  I have been doing a lot of soups that's probably no good? Thank you again! I'll start my week 31st. Odd how it suddenly disappears from my head what to do. What is with that?! That must be my food disease/addiction :(

Roz !!!!
on 1/1/15 12:21 am - Butler, PA

I've found I can pretty much eat what and when I want if I stick with Protein.  I love soups.  I rarely eat creamed soups like potato etc. but I eat a lot of Vegetable and Bean soups  Throw in some extra meat if you can.

I am a believer of Protein Drinks but since I can' have them right now I have had to add extra Protein during the day.  The nut bar I buy is a great source of Protein.  Nature Valley Almond Crunch but only buy the Gluten Free because the regular one is too sweet and has extra sugar coating.  I limit myself to 1 a day of those.  I love Beef Jerky too.  I basically eat all day but it works for me.  It's those (bad) carbs that add the weight on.

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...