Well I'm here to check in

Jenniflower75
on 1/23/15 9:10 am

i was in here a few weeks ago and I said i was going to start over, back to basics, I quit my coffee addiction, I'm mostly carb free, and I'm starting to move.. it's not much but a walk a day for now. That is sooooo much more than i was doing before. On days that I can't walk I make cleaning exercise, ex. I do squats when running the sweeper. Any way, I had gained a few pounds when i first come in but that weight is gone. I'm back down to 191!!!! YAY the scale is moving in the right direction. I've been eating pretty good. I've discovered that since I quit the coffee my Carb addiction is almost non existent. I also discovered that when I DO have carbs they are not fulfilling, I end up hungry minutes later and I plain old feel blah. I didn't have ryn I had the sleeve so I don't have dumping syndrom but it's kind of what it feels like. I get stomach cramps and feel like throwing up. It's awful. So even though I still occassionally do it, it's not often and more out of necessity that I eat carbs.

Today for lunch and dinner I had a salad packed with protein! Now that I've cut the coffee I have also discovered that my restriction is even better. I love it. I can't believe with as bad as I've done over the past year that i still have such good restriction. I can eat about a cup of salad, or one egg with ricotta in it for breakfast, or about 2 oz of meat for dinner. I can only eat about half a can of tuna. BUT I can eat a whole or 3/4 of a piece of tilapia. which is kind of weird to me but hey whatever works right. I'm also eating slower which is something I've never been able to do.

Well the whole reason I wanted to check in today was to let you know if I can get back to basics anyone can. I was so far off track you couldn't imagine. I was back to presurgery eating just not the same amount. I was grazing and drinking coffee all day long. I'm so proud of myself. Ok have a good night everyone.

Price S.
on 1/23/15 9:42 am - Mills River, NC

sounds like you are doing great.  Now just keep on keeping on!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jenniflower75
on 1/23/15 9:54 am

Thanks, I am currently resisting the urge to snack. I decided I'm not going to eat after 8 any more and I want to eat even though I'm not hungry. I've really been trying to listen to my tummy not my head. I am one of those emotional/boredom eaters. I'm far from hungry so I do NOT need food right now :D

MajorMom
on 1/23/15 5:59 pm - VA

Excellent!  Keep on keeping on.  : )

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jenniflower75
on 1/23/15 9:00 pm

Guess what? I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm down to 190.8!! I know it's not a huge leap on the scale but I'll take it. :D

MajorMom
on 1/24/15 6:30 pm - VA

~~~Awesome!~~~

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jenniflower75
on 1/24/15 6:41 am

601 Calories today and I finished dinner. I have a salad in the fridge if i want something else but I honestly think I"m done for the night. 1.5 oz of steak filled me up this evening!!! So much so that I feel like turkey day, I'm ready for a nap lol.

Roz !!!!
on 1/24/15 6:43 am - Butler, PA

Awesome!!!  Keep us updated!!!  Your story will be an Inspiration to many of our LW's that read our posts!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Jenniflower75
on 1/24/15 8:07 am

I did good today!! Less than 900 calories today :D only a few carbs. Less than the alotted amount. I'm going to go crochet a bit so that i'm not munching and then hit the sack early. I've been trying to stay busy and keep going even when i don't feel like it. I can't wait to see that scale move down more :D and for the first time in a long time I have faith that it will. I DID mess up once today, that was just now, I ate when I didn't really need to. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm not going to beat myself up over today especially since I still did good. Tomorrow maybe I can get down to 800 calories. Thanks for the support guys. I appreciate it.

Jenniflower75
on 1/24/15 5:14 pm

190 EVEN :D

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...