Menus and Miles Wed. March 4th

Roz !!!!
on 3/4/15 3:25 am - Butler, PA

Hello to all of our Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!   Besides my tool,  I count  Posting on the LW board as my #1 reason for being successful on this exciting journey!!!!     

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!!   AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!!  THEY ARE ADDICTING!!  THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!!  THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD  CHOICES  during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this:  I am a FIRM believer in Whey Protein Drinks!!!!!  I have IC (Irritable Bladder Syndrome) and I can only have them occasionally while I'm having a flare up.   It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Afternoon LW's!!!!  No School Today so I have 3 of the grandkids.  There's a lot of squealing and banging going on...lol.  Back to work tomorrow and then off Friday because a room as come available at the nursing home for my Mom.  Joy for a new grandchild this week and Sadness because my Mom's life is ending as she knows it. She doesn't know me most days. She thinks of me as a caregiver.

Maintenance:   6+ years out and started the new year right on target!!!

Breakfast:  Banana

Lunch:  Grilled Cheese

Dinner:  2 Thin Boneless Pork Chops and veggies

Snack:   Grandkids wanted Toasted Marshmellows (I had one)  

Snack:      3 TB. of Popcorn

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 3/4/15 4:32 am - Canada
with

B: 2 coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2 (3g)

S: Protein Shake (30g Protein)

L: Tuna (15 g) & Unjury Chicken Soup Flavoured Drink (21 g) 30 minutes after the tuna of course!

S: Greek Yogurt (12 g)

S: V-8 (3 g)

S: Protein Shake (30g Protein)

S: S/F Popsicle

TOTAL: (114 g Protein)

I already got my 40 minutes on the elliptical done!  It's a great day! 

VSG 01/20/15 Dr. Joya Height: 5'5" Start Pre-Op Diet: 210 SW: 197 CW: 177.5    

Elizabeth C.
on 3/4/15 5:17 am - Mansfield, TX

I'm sorry about your mom. :(  It is rough!!  I'm driving to Indiana (from Texas) this weekend to give my grandma one last hug before she goes to heaven.  She isn't doing well at all. :'(

Congratulations on the new grandbaby though!!

To drink on all day  Cherry Nectar (0 carbs, 24 protein)

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Matrix with Carb Master Milk (9 carbs, 34 protein)

Snack: 2 eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup turkey sausage (1.77 carbs, 17.58 protein)

Lunch: 15 slices turkey pepperoni, cheese stick (1 carb, 14 protein)

Snack: 1/8 cup dry roasted edamame (5 carbs, 7 protein)

Dinner: 2 oz ground beef with taco seasoning with 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese and hot sauce (.25 carbs, 14.7 protein)

Vitamins: Check

Water: On Track

Exercise: ?

Totals for the day: 17.02 carbs, 111.28 protein, 36.54 fat, 861 calories

5'-5" ~ Lap Band 03/2008 Converted to Sleeve 11/6/2014 HW 296 Start Pre Op Diet for Sleeve 226 SW 217 -9 M1: 202 -15 M2: 196 -6 M3: 186 -10 M4: 180 -6 M5: 176 -4 M6: 171 -5 M7: 167 -4 M8: 165 -2 M9: 161 -4 M10: 158 -3 M11: 158 -0

JB1114
on 3/4/15 5:41 am - Grain Valley, MO

Roz, sounds like you're pretty busy with the grandkids.  Bet they are excited about the new baby.  I just love babies.  No prospects of babies in my family.  The youngest child is 10 1/2.  It's good you have found a facility for your mom.  Hopefully, it won't be too hard on her to move.  I know it's difficult for you.

The sinus surgery has really gotten me down.  Wish I had waited until I was finished with this job before having surgery.  To the doctor, it another job done I'm sure.  He's probably never had it so doesn't really know how it is.  Still can't sleep in bed and I'm worn out sleeping in the recliner.  Absolutely nothing tastes good and everything seems warm, not cold or hot.  I'm eating ice chips now and that tastes pretty good.  I get hungry but don't find anything to satisfy.  There was a meeting here and a taco bar brought in for lunch.  Thankfully, there were no tortilla chips......a red light food for me. They had some hard and soft shells but they are very tasty.  I had a little lettuce, chicken and beef. 

B:  Click shake

L:  Beef, chicken, lettuce

Haven't eaten anything else and have no desire to eat.  I will try to have a Syntrax fruity flavor shake this evening.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

MajorMom
on 3/4/15 8:38 am - VA

Good luck to you and your mom, Roz.  :(

Hi guys,

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
B - 1 protein coffee (30g)
S - 2nd & 3d protein coffees (30g)
L - protein shake (30g)
S - 6oz bunless burger
D - chicken tenders
S - 1/2 cup CarbSmart ice cream

VITES:
morning batch: done
4 calcium batches: done
iron: skipping 
evening batch: done
heme iron: pending

MILES:
standing at the computer all day and leaning push-ups

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

lerkhart
on 3/4/15 9:39 am

Hi Roz,

Sorry about your Mom.  That is so sad. 

It has been a crazy two weeks.  I was at a meeting all last week.  Got home late Thursday, had to do DGD#2's birthday cake, had her party Saturday.  Got to feeling bad Sunday and went to the After Hours doctors office and found out I have the flu.  I've been home and in the bed pretty much since Sunday.  I'm feeling better and now DH has it.  DD went and they think she has it also.    I am hoping to go back to work Friday.  I can't imagine what my desk will look like after being away for almost 2 weeks.

B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
      Decaf Coffee
      1 Egg, 1/2 biscuit
L:  Pork Roast, 1/2 biscuit
D:  Low Carb Tortilla Pizza

Vitamins:  Done
Water/Fluids:  80 ozs
Miles  None

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 3/4/15 10:26 am - Mills River, NC

sorry about your mom, Roz.  My mother loved her nursing home because they waited on her hand and foot and she was cared for like she thought she always deserved, lol.  Hopefully she will have an easy adjustment.

It was a beautiful day here in the 70s.  I had meetings all day but then got to muscle pump.  Have to me in an out of town meeting all day tomorrow, leaving early to get there. 

decaf protein coffee  33g
2 eggs, 3 turkey bacon, 1/2 low carb wrap
lemon tea protein  13g
pork, kraut in 1/2 low carb wrap
lemon tea protein  13g
pistashios
chicken breast, salad
protein shake  23g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views