Miles and Menus, Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Price S.
on 3/25/15 6:46 am, edited 3/25/15 7:40 am - Mills River, NC

I'll get this started for Roz.

It's been rainy here all day.  I have been getting some work done and packing for my long weekend to a driving competition tomorrow.  I was going back to Muscle Pump tonight but decided against it.  Last time, I just didn't recover well and ended up in the ER.  They did some test and said I was fine but to follow up with my PCP.  She wants me to go back to the cardiologist and that hasn't happened yet.  She also suggested a heart monitor and I haven't gotten that yet.  Anyway, enough to do here and still a little concerned about working out. 

decaf protein coffee  33g
2 eggs, spinach, cheese
Caribbean cooler protein  13g
potato, kale, sausage soup w/ cheese and with 75% of the potatoes out
lemon tea protein  13g
sausage, cheese while making quiche
sausage, mushroom, onion quiche
protein shake  33g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 3/25/15 6:50 am - Butler, PA

Thanks Price!!  Shorthanded at work today and swamped.  10 minutes to go....yeah!!  Good Protein Day for you!!!

Breakfast:  Matrix Mint Cookie Protein Drink (made with water)  35g

Snack:   scrambled egg, eggbeater whites, and diced ham

Lunch:    Grilled Chicken Salad with extra cheese

Snack:    Nature Valley Nut Bar

Dinner:    Burger

Snack:     Popcorn

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 3/25/15 6:57 am - Mills River, NC

good protein day for you too!!!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

JB1114
on 3/25/15 7:13 am - Grain Valley, MO

Price, are you trying to hurry the week along.  I think it's Wednesday.  We had rain off and on yesterday and today has been cloudy. 

I did exercise for 20 minutes on my bike Monday evening and plan to do 30 minutes this evening.  Click seemed way to sweet Monday and Tuesday so this morning I had protein coffee.  Someone on another board said she uses 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water and 1 scoop of protein powder.  Mixes it till smooth then adds the coffee.  I tried that but it made the coffee lukewarm.  I reheated it for about 30 seconds.  I didn't want to make my protein lumpy.  I'm going to stick with my way which is protein mixed with SF creamer.

The last 2 afternoons I've filled my shaker bottle with ice and water and added a package Syntrax Protein.  Yesterday was Roadside Lemonade and today Strawberry Kiwi.  Easy way to get in some protein.  I really like the Strawberry/Kiwi.  I didn't add any Crystal Lite to it.

I must brag on my 11 1/2 year old GD.  She is on a dance team and they had competition last Saturday.  She placed third and will go to Chicago in July to compete with nationals.

Eats today:

Protein coffee

Weight Control oatmeal w/6 walnuts

Asian Wrap

Protein Bar; Protein drink - not at the same time

Turkey burgers

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Price S.
on 3/25/15 7:42 am - Mills River, NC

lol, at least I got the date right.  I usually screw up something with it because I copy it from another post and never get it all changed right. 

good for your GD!!!  So important to be active for life.

protein looks good.  I just love Syntrax.

italianspice
on 3/25/15 9:38 am, edited 3/25/15 9:43 am - Eastlake, OH

Dreary day here. Between this cold and the past 2 days at work, I am wiped out. No voice, which I think the boys may be enjoying! Lol crappy cough and sore throat. Oh well this to shall pass. Maybe I need my labs before July, maybe something is off that I keep getting sick this year

B 1.5 protein coffees, green tea

s dannon carb control yogurt with vites

l quest bar

s ham and cheese roll up

d Italian sausage with a few pepper slices and onions with a little sauce

s several hard pieces of sugar free candy, the cough drops are just too strong

vites done

fluids 64 so far

miles none

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Price S.
on 3/25/15 9:55 am - Mills River, NC

Looks like a high protein, low carb day. 

Sorry you are sick.  I've only been sick once, ended up being a sinus infection that came after a plane trip, since surgery.  It sucks, esp when you can't just stay home and get well.

italianspice
on 3/25/15 9:40 am - Eastlake, OH

Price, make sure you get checked out. Don't blame you for being a little worry. Good to error on the side of caution

Price S.
on 3/25/15 10:00 am - Mills River, NC

I think the ER did good tests but my bp was 169/90 when I went in almost 2 hours after class.  It came back down in another couple of hours but normal these days for me is 110/60.  Anyway, I think I will wait until I see the cardiologist before doing anymore than walking.  My dad died at 49 with a heart attack so maybe I am over cautions but they say women have different signs and I must admit it scared me.

Care_Bear_in_GP
on 3/25/15 9:44 am, edited 3/25/15 9:45 am - Canada
with

Hello Price, sorry you're not feeling great! :(  Yesterday I started the 30 day squat challenge and the 30 day plank challenge, needless to say, I am one hurting person today!  LOL!

B:  2 coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2 (3 g)

S: Premier Protein Shake (30g)

Ongoing Morning Protein Water (21 g) 

L:  Cottage Cheese (11 g) & Small Greek Yogurt (8 g)

S: Premier Protein Shake (30 g)

Ongoing Afternoon Protein Water (21 g) 

D:  2 oz lean ground  & 1 oz low fat cheese, with salsa & light sour cream (12 g)

S:  F/F Jello & Ultra low-fat cool whip.

TOTAL Protein 136 g

Vitamins - working on them

Exercise - 15 minutes treadmill; 10 minutes rebounder; 40 squats and 40 seconds plank!

VSG 01/20/15 Dr. Joya Height: 5'5" Start Pre-Op Diet: 210 SW: 197 CW: 177.5    

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views