Thank God its Spring !

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/15 4:51 am

Im so happy the daffodils are finally blooming and the interminable snowstorms  seems to at long last  be finished ...but Im looking at my ( not that hot) body lately note happy with my skin tightness , posture and love handles . Daily  running , rollerblading and swimming are the obvious answers ( and yoga which I hate but which really helps improve posture ) but Im really tempted to invest in a more permanent surgical fix.

I'm tired of being dissatisfied with my body .. and living life in a shape I hate for various reasons .  I think I finally realize i DESERVE better so maybe I'll just accept that I need be like a flower -finally  simply as pretty as God wants  me to be.. I really hope I can take good care of myself this year and put myself and my happiness first ...

Price S.
on 4/15/15 1:17 pm - Mills River, NC

I'm loving that I have spinach and lettuce from my garden now.

Hope you come to peace with your body.  I'm sure that the rest of the world thinks you are beautiful. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jody ***
on 4/16/15 5:52 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

2nd what Price said!  I too don't like my body - but... it is what it is.  

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Ladytazz
on 4/17/15 10:46 am

I guess it's old age or something but I have come to peace with my body.  When I was younger it was very important to have a good body, not that I ever achieved anything close to it but I dreamt of having the money to have the plastic surgery needed.

I have come to accept that no amount of plastic surgery will fix my body.  Once I got rid of the loose skin I will fixate on the scars, as I do all ready with the panni I got.

It will never be good enough and you know what?  Who cares?  My life would not be one bit different, perfect body or not.  The only thing that would change is that maybe I'll feel better about myself.  I would rather save the money and learn to like myself as I am.

I have done everything I am able to and can afford to do to make my body it's best.  Without laying out a massive amount of money this will just have to do.

I thank God every day that I am healthy and not like some people I see at my age that are bedridden or needing canes, walkers or wheelchairs.  There are a lot worse things then not having a hot body.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Laura in Texas
on 4/17/15 10:04 pm

I love the flowers in the spring!! They definitely make me happy.

I hope you can come to peace with your body. I love mine. It was a hot mess after losing 200 pounds, but I fixed some and will live with the rest. I am thankful every day for the body I have now. Loving myself keeps me on track.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 412 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 473 views
Still kickin'...