Menus and Miles Monday April 20th

Roz !!!!
on 4/20/15 3:07 am - Butler, PA

Hello to all of our Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!   Besides my tool,  I count  Posting on the LW board as my #1 reason for being successful on this exciting journey!!!!     

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!!   AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!!  THEY ARE ADDICTING!!  THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!!  THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD  CHOICES  during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this:  I am a FIRM believer in Whey Protein Drinks!!!!!  I have IC (Irritable Bladder Syndrome) and I can only have them occasionally while I'm having a flare up.   It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Afternoon LW's!!!!   Happy Monday!

Maintenance:   6+ years out and started the new year right on target!!!

Protein:       Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Breakfast:  

Snack:        

Lunch:         1 piece of fish and 80 calorie cherry greek yogurt

Snack:        

Dinner:         Stuffed Pork Chop (small amount of stuffing)

Snack:          Nature Valley Almond Crunch Bar--YUM!! (ONLY buy the Gluten Free)

Snack:        3 TB. of unpopped Popcorn   (didn't start this until I was on Maintenance)

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JB1114
on 4/20/15 3:26 am - Grain Valley, MO

Good afternoon to all.  I'm doing well following my plan today.  There is a big difference in my eating when I'm home and when I'm at work.  At work, I tend to snack too much and I'm am addressing that issue.  Although I'm really busy now with the project I'm working on, it's not the most interesting so after awhile I get bored and you know what happens.  I have healthy snacks in my desk, but you can overeat on healthy.  Maybe I should just bring what I need each day.

I've had a flare up of acid reflux.  I quit taking Nexium a month after WLS and have not bothered since.  Lately, I have had indigestion a lot.  A week ago last Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and it lasted until yesterday.  I also had a dry cough.  It dawned on me I had a cough before I was diagnosed with acid reflux a few years before WLS.  I bought some O-T-C med, took one Saturday and my sore throat was gone yesterday.  I'm going to take it for awhile.  I'm hoping losing the extra lbs. and avoiding things like tomato sauce I can get back normal.

Today's eats:

Click shake....going to quit using it for awhile.  Just doesn't taste good any more.

Protein coffee

Beef Stick

Pastrami with cheese roll up for lunch; cottage cheese; applesauce

Roadside Lemonade.....sipping all day

yogurt

Talipia; strawberry spinach salad

Almonds

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 4/21/15 1:16 am - Butler, PA

I had to cut down on the number of snacks I keep at work too.  It was just too easy to pull something out even if I wasn't hungry.  I've taken my Prilosec since about week 2 after my WLS.  If I skip it (which I rarely do) my stomach rumbles and I seem to crave food. I was a major cougher before WLS but I rarely cough now but I'm not sure if my Prilosec has anything to do with that or not.

Sounds Good!  I like the variety!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

Navychic
on 4/20/15 4:38 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Jo, I think its interesting my issues are opposite yours.  I tend to make more "mistakes" when Im home, too many options (still regretting that one Butterfinger bite at my sons T-ball game sat).  Here at work, I rarely leave my desk, so I'm limited to my lunch bag.  Funny how things are.

B-Protein Coffee

S- 2 hardboiled eggs (minus yolks)

L-1/4 Q-doba ckn salad leftovers (healthy & still yumm)

S- I have a Hardees ckn tender in my bag I should forgo as its breaded- (the other one was my other mistake this weekend) ... Im trying to bargain with myself and losing...

D a good protein choice I promise.

W & V working it...

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Roz !!!!
on 4/21/15 1:22 am - Butler, PA

I don't have much in my house to get me in trouble but then there is only DH and I.  I do have a few treats for the grandkids but as long as I can't see them I don't crave them.

Does Hardees sell grilled chicken?  As early out as you are I would try to avoid all breaded foods (as well as bites of butterfingers....LOL).

Hope you were successful and made a good Protein choice for dinner.

Roz

on Maintenance

Navychic
on 4/21/15 3:49 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I did skip the ckn tender last eve, I think writing it down hardened my resolve...but that butterfinger bite was a goner.  I was at the ball field with no other decent food options in site...

Dinner last eve was good and a new adventure for me.  I had spaghetti squash w/meat sauce while the boys did spaghetti.  Really good!  I was a little surprised at how much I liked it ;)

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Price S.
on 4/20/15 5:19 am - Mills River, NC

Woke up to thunderstorms but then the sun came out so I got a drive in.  Going to muscle pump tonight. 

decaf protein coffee  33g
protein oatmeal
lemon tea protein  13g
turkey veggie soup
Caribbean cooler protein  13g
steak, salad
protein shake  33g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 4/21/15 1:23 am - Butler, PA

We had a few days of heavy rain so far today is pretty sunny.  I guess we are getting high winds later on though.

Sounds Good Price!! 

Roz

on Maintenance

Jody ***
on 4/20/15 5:56 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

HI Roz!  Chilly and dreary here today.  Not looking forward to the weather for the next week or so - I want what we had last weekend to stay!!

B - coffee

S - double fuzzy navel protein drink

L - turkey w/gravy

S - sf pickle spear, some olives, a few chocolate chips (huh?) snacky.. bored is what I am

D - beef tips stir fry.  May make it a taco fajita night

Vits:  yes

water:  doing ok

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 4/21/15 1:42 am - Butler, PA

We've got some sun today but it's not very warm.  I'm so looking forward to going to FL on Friday.  I hope it's Beautiful for your DS's wedding next month.

How's the scales been doing since you have added more Protein in?

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...