Miles and Menus, Friday, July 3, 2015

Price S.
on 7/3/15 12:50 pm - Mills River, NC

Not sure where Roz is but I will get this going.

It has done a little of everything but snow today. Rain, sun, clouds, repeat.  I did get a drive in with Teke this morning during one of the sun parts and did some work in the garden.  Still need to go pick blueberries.

decaf protein coffee  33g
kale, cheese, eggbeaters
lemon tea protein  13g
leftover chicken broccoli stirfry
lemon tea protein  13g
burger patty, squash casserole
protein shake  33g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

lerkhart
on 7/3/15 7:02 am, edited 7/3/15 7:03 am

Hi Price,

It has been pretty and hot here so far today, but the thunderstorms are fixing to roll through like they do almost every day.  I am going to miss my blueberry bushes.  We are talking about planting some blueberry bushes and plum trees probably won't get done this year though.

B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
L:  Pork Ribs, Stewed Squash
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
S:  Mixed Nuts
D:  Hamburger Patty, Stewed Squash
S:  Maybe a Chocolate Protein Drink

Vitamins:  Done
Water/Fluids:  100 ozs
Miles:  3.2 miles walk/jog this morning and I found out just how out of shape I am-almost had to call DH to come and get me...

Linda 

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Price S.
on 7/3/15 6:16 pm - Mills River, NC

We have been in the 70s the last 2 days with the clouds and rain.  A lot better than the 90s we had for a while but that will come back.

I would miss my garden.  Hopefully you will get your bushes planted in the fall after you get a little more settled. 

Menu looks good.  We eat a lot of squash when it is coming in like it is now.  I love it and it has basically no calories or carbs unless you doll it up which is the only way DS will eat it, lol.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

JB1114
on 7/3/15 5:27 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Today has been perfect weatherwise.  No humidity and no rain.  I sat on the patio for a couple hours reading. 

I'm having problems with finding food I want to eat.  I'm really tired of shakes so this morning I had oatmeal with a scoop of unflavored protein powder.  Wasn't very tasty.  For dinner I fixed grilled chicken strips and grilled squash.  The chicken was good but didn't care for the squash at all.  There are hardly any veggies I like.  Before WLS I liked most veggies.  I have some spaghetti squash I'm going to try.  Green beans are my favorite along with carrots.  I can't eat raw veggies at all due to digestion problems.

B:  oatmeal w/protein powder

L:  cheese slices

S:  iced protein coffee; Quest bar

D:  chicken, squash

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Navychic
on 7/3/15 5:58 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

I rarely do spagehetti squaxh, but I did find a recipie I liked.  Pierce it a couple times with a fork. Microwave it for about 15 min (then it cuts easy).  Cut it in half, clean out seads and put it face down on cookie sheet.  (I only used half for second prt) bake for 15 min at350 dg.  Scrape the meat, throw in a dollop of butter, some salt & pepper to taste and it was really good. 

Good luck with your squash.

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Price S.
on 7/3/15 6:19 pm - Mills River, NC

I use vanilla protein in my oatmeal and some SF vanilla cinnamon syurp.  It is pretty good if you doll it up.  I have always loved veggies and would really be stuck without them.  None of them have bothered me even the potentially gassy ones.  Sorry you have trouble with them. 

MajorMom
on 7/4/15 2:22 am - VA

Hi guys,
Getting blood drawn first thing this morning. I'll take all good luck wishes for my labs....luck that the vampires draw enough blood and process it correctly, luck that the lab will be able to run all the tests correctly, and luck the surgeon's office gets the report back complete and quickly. 
Went perfectly!  Thank you! 

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - coffee w/HWC
S - cup Greek yogurt w/blueberries
L - protein shake (30g) and 1/2 cup peanuts
S - snack sized popcorn
S - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
D - leftover Chinese food
S - 1/2 cup CarbSmart ice cream
S - 1/2 cup peanuts

VITES:
morning batch: done
4 calcium batches: done
iron: skipping 
evening batch: done
heme iron: done

MILES:
window washing

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 7/4/15 4:09 am - Mills River, NC

I think this year is maybe the first since surgery that I didn't have to have something redone because of lab or draw errors.  Bad enough to begin with but then when you have to do it again, it really is a pain.  Glad it went well.  Everytime I go for my yearly, I ask about the others in my group.  Usually I hear none of the come anymore.  Hopefully they are following up with their PCP but my PCP tells me he wants the WLS dr doing all the lab consult stuff.

MajorMom
on 7/4/15 4:44 am - VA

I have very little confidence that a PCP can cover-down on WLS folks' labs and not much more on the WLS surgeon. But, if we train ourselves on supplementation and nutrition, and find a doc or dietitian that will listen to us and work with us, we should be golden. 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views