Menus and Miles Monday July 6th

Roz !!!!
on 7/6/15 10:07 am - Butler, PA

Hello to all of our Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!   Besides my tool,  I count  Posting on the LW board as my #1 reason for being successful on this exciting journey!!!!     

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!!   AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!!  THEY ARE ADDICTING!!  THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!!  THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD  CHOICES  during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this:  I am a FIRM believer in Whey Protein Drinks!!!!!  I have IC (Irritable Bladder Syndrome) and I can only have them while I'm not having a flare up.   It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Afternoon LW's!!!   Thanks for starting M&M for me Price!!  WOW.....I have missed my LW's!!!!!!  Last Wed. DH's ballgame didn't get rained out so while he was playing I went shopping for things for our new porch and I got a phone call from him.  He tore his hamstring really bad and I had to take him to the ER. He was in so much pain.  He had one muscle cramp after another.  It was awful seeing him like that.  We got home around 2am and I struggled getting this big strong man into the house who was partially drugged up on Valium.  The next day we went to an Ortho Dr. and he had a huge sac of blood hanging down from his calf that we had to monitor.  They put a cast on the under side of his leg so it would stay bent. On Wednesday we find out if they are going to operate.

Any way we had to miss going to the indoor water park with our DD's families over the 4th but I did volunteer to watch the 4 month old since I wasn't going to be there to help out.  The "old" baby was by far more work than the 4 month old but I managed.  I'm back at work today but DH is going to be off for awhile.  I haven't gotten a phone call yet so that's a good sign.

Maintenance:   6+ years out and started the new year right on target!!!

Protein:       Matrix Chocolate Mint 35g  

Lunch:         1/2 a ham and Cheese sandwich

Snack:         80 Calorie Greek Yogurt with Cherries

Snack:        

Dinner:        Not Sure.  Depends on what DH is hungry for

Snack:         Nature Valley Almond Crunch Bar--YUM!! (ONLY buy the Gluten Free)  

Snack:         3 TB. of unpopped Popcorn   (didn't start this until I was on Maintenance)

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JB1114
on 7/6/15 4:20 am, edited 7/6/15 11:17 am - Grain Valley, MO

Roz, sorry to hear about your DH.  Does he play ball or referee?  Hope surgery isn't necessary.  My DH had jell injected into both knees.  He felt fine for 2 weeks and then the right knee started hurting again.  The insurance company wouldn't approve knee replacement until he had the jell injections.  So, he may be having knee replacement soon.  These adult guys can be way more work than a baby.  LOL

I'm having a problem finding veggies I like.  I may have posted this the other day.  Seven years after WLS, my tastes shouldn't be changing.  BTW....my surgiversary is Wednesday. 

Today's eats:

B:  Protein oatmeal

S:  1/2 Quest bar

L:  2 slices Swiss cheese

S:  1/2 Quest bar; Click shake

D:  Pulled Pork; green beans; tomatillas - never had them

Tomatillas......won't be having them again.  DH didn't like them either.  They might be ok made into a salsa but not the way I fixed them.  Eating Well magazine had a recipe for baking them.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 7/7/15 11:12 am - Butler, PA

He plays in a Sr. league. He was walking a little this morning but I could tell it really hurts. I hope it all works out for your DH. My Brother-in-law got his knee done a couple of weeks ago.  He had some really bad days but it's coming along.

I bought some snow peas and they are yummy!  I haven't checked the stats on them.

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Price S.
on 7/6/15 5:16 am, edited 7/6/15 9:10 pm - Mills River, NC

I was hoping you were just having fun, not having problems.  So sorry to hear about DH.  He has had his share of issues lately.  Hopefully this will end well and he will be ok for a while.

paperwork then headed to muscle pump

decaf protein coffee 33g
eggbeaters, kale, sausage, cheese
lemon tea protein 13g
tuna in a low carb pita, cukes
Caribbean cooler protein  13g
peanut butter on a spoon diped in chocolate protein powder
steak, squash
protein shake  23g

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 7/7/15 11:15 am - Butler, PA

It has been a rough couple of years for him. This is his limit of sic****urrences at work.  The next time he is off we have to go several days without pay before he can get any kind of sick pay. 

Sounds good Price!

Roz

on Maintenance

MajorMom
on 7/7/15 2:34 am - VA

I'm sorry, Roz.  : (

Hi guys,

MENU: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - coffees w/HWC
B - egg and bacon
S - cup Greek yogurt w/blueberries
L - protein shake (30g)
S - 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
S - 1/2 cup peanuts
D - fish nuggets
S - 1/2 cup CarbSmart ice cream

VITES:
morning batch: done
4 calcium batches: done
iron: skipping 
evening batch: done
heme iron: done

MILES:
4 - 15 minute walks, 40 leaning push-ups, 40 squats and stretches
Stand at the computer all day to work

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 7/7/15 11:16 am - Butler, PA

Thanks Gina! 

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

singdoremi
on 7/7/15 3:38 am - NJ

Back from a two week calorie/carb filled vacation. Back to reality. One hour on the treadmill. My daughter gets married in less than 2 weeks. 😁

B-6 ounces plain ff Greek yogurt

L-chicken, small salad, balsamic dressing

S-premier choc. Shake with coffee cubes plus 1TBL ff/SF pudding(dry mix)

D-2 ounce burger and steamed veggies

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Roz !!!!
on 7/7/15 11:17 am - Butler, PA

Glad you are back!

ahhhh a wedding!  How exciting!!

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...