New here!

Lindseyp1019
on 9/26/15 9:21 pm

hi!

ive been thinking about wls for about a year now, and just went to the information night the clinic offers.  Now I am even more sure I want it done.  I am just barely at a 35 bmi (maybe 36) but I've had higher bp for about a year, and I'm also at higher risk for blood clots and strokes due to a blood disorder  I've suffered from depression/anxiety, fertility problems, irregular periods and have a family history of diabetes and heart disease. I'm hoping that this is enough to get the surgery approved.  The surgeon said it takes two co morbid factors.  I'm going to see my primary doctor in 2 weeks to do blood work to test everything else, including diabetes.  I just turned 30 this year, and I need to be healthier.  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time! 

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself as I've been lurking for a while.  I hope to update with good news soon!

CW: 230

BMI: 40

RYGB surgery scheduled for 5/2/16

MajorMom
on 9/27/15 2:31 am - VA

Wishing good luck through this process. If you have the slightest suspicion that you might have sleep apnea, have the doc schedule a sleep test. One of the best comorbidities to have. Welcome aboard!

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 9/27/15 5:43 pm - Mills River, NC

Welcome!!!    The process seems to take forever but it is oh so worth it.  Hang in there.  Ask questions, stick around and learn.  I got my life back and it was the best decision I have ever made!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 9/29/15 11:59 am - Butler, PA

Welcome to our LW Board!!!   Of course I was a lot older than you and my BMI was higher than yours but I've never had a single regret and I've never been healthier!! 

30 is a GREAT age to look into this!!!!   With the lower BMI and your age the chances of you not having any loose skin is really good and that's another reason to have it done now instead of putting it off.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Lindseyp1019
on 9/29/15 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited for the opportunity, but I fear I might not qualify.  Does anyone have suggestions or questions that I should discuss with my primary before my consultation!? 

Price S.
on 9/29/15 12:56 pm - Mills River, NC

I would ask how your weight relates to your current medical issues and if losing weight will change any.  I had high bp for years requiring 2 meds with a family history of heart attacks.  I am on no meds now except my prolosec which I guess I will be on for life.  My cardiologist is so pleased.  I had a stress echo not long ago and the tech said I did the treadmill like a healthy 33 yr old,  I'm 66.  I'm loving my RNY.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/7/15 10:08 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Here's a good video to watch:

http://drmatthewweiner.com/should-i-have-a-weight-loss-surgery-procedure/http://drmatthewweiner.com/should-i-have-a-weight-loss-surge ry-procedure/

This is not my doctor byt he seems to have a good take on surg and non-sug approaches to weight issues.

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views