Miserable

davenportcrd0106
on 10/15/15 7:44 am

I have my last NUT appt this week, but due to work timing, I will not be able to schedule surgery till January. Big time bummer! I spoke to my doctor's office and was told not to loose any more weight. My starting weight was 215. The first 2 months, I lost 10 lbs, but have slowly gained it all back. I am miserable. Again. This made me realize just how bad I want this surgery! I want to be health again. I want to have energy again. I want to get my co-morbiities under control instead of my co-morbidities controlling me! I want my life back! I am terrified that something will fall through and I will not qualify for the surgery. I guess I just need encourgement knkowing that the long wait is worth it! Has abyone else gone through such a long wait with these ups and downs?

VSG. 01/26/16

Roz !!!!
on 10/15/15 10:16 am - Butler, PA

Sorry you are going through this! Enjoy the upcoming holidays and the time will go fast.

I had to go through a 6 month 2000 calorie diet pre-surgery and I used that time to prepare myself and to read everything I could find on my type of WLS. I also became a regular poster on here which was a huge help. You can't learn everything from books.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

davenportcrd0106
on 10/15/15 10:46 am

Thanks Roz - -I would LOVE to enjoy the holidays, but I HAVE to get my A1C down to under 7, otherwise, my surgeon will put off the surgery. So the more I eat, the more my A1C goes up...Feels like such a catch 22, but I am willing to teeter in the middle! I love this board. It has given me alot of support and encourgement!

Roz !!!!
on 10/15/15 11:02 am - Butler, PA

Enjoy the lights, festivities and family! I love Christmas! Next Christmas you will love having your picture taken!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 10/15/15 11:16 am - Mills River, NC

My insurance didn't require a 6 month diet but my dr required 12 training sessions and that took 6 months. I thought it would never happen but that was 5 yrs ago now and it really did happen and I really did get my life back. It will happen for you too. but I know waiting is hard. Just keep walking that tight rope and there really will be an end to it. Hugs

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/23/15 7:41 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Waiting sucks.

The fitter you are going into surgery, the easier recovery may be. What can you do during these 8-10 weeks to improve your physical conditioning??

Sharon

davenportcrd0106
on 10/23/15 10:24 am

Sharon,

I was been going to the gym 3-4 times a week. However, because it has been so pretty and 'fall like' outside, I have been walking in the evening. I will be returning to the gym. I agree, the fitter the better! Thanks for the advice! I find myself on this site whenever I need encouragement, advice, etc. Each one of you are so special!

VSG. 01/26/16

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/15 9:04 am

I too suffered a horrible long weight and due to being an extreme lightweight I wasn't sure up to literally the day of surgery that it would actually happen. (((()))) trust me its worth the wait . Hang in there

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 412 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 473 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views