1 year 2 months Post OP- little gain

rns31
on 2/9/16 3:16 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Hi Everyone!! It's been a while since I've been on this board. I had the VSG on 12/16/14 my weight at the time was 242 pounds. I got as low as 135 but gained about 9 pounds back. I work out 5 days a week  from weight training to different forms of cardio ( cycling, boxing etc.). I have a personal trainer through this all. The question I have in order to lose this last 14 pounds where should my calorie/carb intake be 1 year 2 months post op? I would actually like to settle at 125. Forgot to mention I am scheduled for a tummy tuck at the end of March. Lots of skin on my stomach not anything outrageous. 

Price S.
on 2/9/16 4:38 am - Mills River, NC

REgain is real no matter what kind of surgery you have unfortunately.  You caught yours early, good thing.

You certainly are already exercising and that helps.  Our major problem is that when we are little, it takes so much less to stay the same much less to lose.  I haven't and still don't count calories.  I recently did the 5 day pouch test and reset everything and that has helped but the weight is still coming off very slowly.

My gym and WLS dr both have body scans available and that tells the basic calories needed for day to day, then you add your exercise to that and end up with a calorie range to aim for.  Mine is about 1300 (4'11", 133)  But I learned early out that I could eat the same number of calories and lose or not lose depending on the carbs.  I try to stay away from all white carbs.  I do eat some beans but mostly low carb veggies.  I watch my fats but don't really limit them.  Lots of protein. 

You've done great.  Those last pounds are just really hard.  Feel free to join in on Miles and Menus and Sunday Weigh-in to be accountable.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views