It's happening?

lykapal
on 5/10/16 9:50 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I have been reading every post on here since January. I haven't been super active because I don't have much to contribute yet and I'm basically clueless about RNY, but I'm so happy today I can hardly stand it!

I got a phone call from my surgeon's office with news that they have received my insurance approval!

So, Monday May 16, 2016, 10am. Oh Wow, it's happening. 

I just want you all to know that by coming here and reading all of your struggles and successes I have gained so much confidence and clarity going into this. I am so grateful for you all. Thank you for being so kind, warm and welcoming.

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/16 6:32 pm

Good luck and happy healing!

Keep in mind it's common to doubt and maybe even regret your decision immediately before and / or after the surgery. So far, almost no one regrets it after they lose the weight. 

You should also keep in mind it's a major life changing event and there will be many bumps in the road and challenges as you lose the weight. 

Life is not perfect and this will not be either, but it will be life altering and despite the challenges you will likely be very happy with the overall results.

Roz !!!!
on 5/11/16 10:46 am - Butler, PA

WOW...That's soon!!!!   Super Excited for You!!!!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Kiwigal
on 5/12/16 4:09 am
Revision on 05/02/16
Congratulations and good luck with the journey, surgery and healing Yay.

Price S.
on 5/13/16 4:01 am - Mills River, NC

Congratulations of the date.  That was when it felt real to me but after we got our date, we still had do to a 4 week optifast diet. 

so here's to a text book surgery and a boring recovery    See you on the other side!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views