What is your biggest struggle?

Sleeve_Mia
on 6/18/16 8:03 pm
VSG on 06/11/16

I'm only one week post op, but would love to know what each of you continue to struggle with and how far out you are from surgery?

I just tried tuna today and it kind of got stuck going down.  But I'm happy that I am moving into mushy foods. ð?¤--

Mia

Jenna77
on 6/18/16 10:07 pm
VSG on 02/25/15

I can't really think of any. I still have to be careful with salad, sometimes it just makes me feel yucky afterwards, but not as bad as it did at first. Even though I had vsg, here recently, sometimes if I eat something sweet it makes me feel terrible. I am a little less than 16 months post op. 

Congratulations on your surgery! 

5'1 Consult: 227 HW: 232 SW:212 CW:131 GW: 120 Pant size start: 18/20 Current: size 6/8

M1: 195 (-17) M2: 184.6 (-10.4) M3: 176.6 (-8) M4: 168.2 (-8.4) M5: 160 (-8.2) M6: 155.4 (-4.6) M7: 145.6 (-9.8) M8: 141 (-4.6) M9: 137 (-4) M10: 135.8 (-1.2) M11: 135 (-.8) M12: 131 (-4) M13: (-0) M14: (-0) M15: (-0) 

Have stopped losing pounds but am losing inches! 

Roz !!!!
on 6/19/16 7:04 am - Butler, PA

I'm over 7 years out and have maintained my weight for quite awhile.  We all struggle with falling back into bad habits but with the RNY we do have reminders if we have stuck to "program".  I still dump on sweets and fat, I still can't consume as much regular food and have to watch the slider foods.

I'm not sure about the sleeve but I think if you keep in mind that eating carbs, fats, sweets, etc. will definitely hinder you keeping your weight off you should do just fine. Whatever you are eating when you hit goal you need to stick to it for the rest of your life.  There is no magic trick to keeping the weight off it's a constant battle and if you want to be a winner you have to make good decisions every single day.  That gets harder once you get to goal but it's because we get ****y and think we can get away with it (which for a time we might) and that's definitely not the road to success. 

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/16 8:35 am

I'm five years post op .  I struggle with getting exercise in especially out in the country where ( you would think) running walking on the beach etc would be EASY .

Pre op a burgeoning body frightened me into exercising a LOT ... just to be able to fit into somewhat attractive clothes . 

Now my struggle is dropping another ten lbs to be camera-ready .  I still ingest too many calories ( and sodium)  at night in the form o f popcorn and wine

Sleeve_Mia
on 6/19/16 12:10 pm
VSG on 06/11/16

So I can eat popcorn and wine again ... Someday?!

Price S.
on 6/19/16 8:53 am - Mills River, NC

I'm 6 years out.  I have been at this weight for a few years now and think my body is happy here and I am happy with how I can eat to maintain it.  However, a week of being off track and I can go up and not come back down.  I have to keep track of my eating and exercising to stay on target. 

I can still have issues with eating too much or too fast.  I don't really have any issues with any particular types of food and have never dumped.  I have to constantly remind myself that I don't have to clean my plate and there is no sense in eating more when I have had enough.  I recently did the 5 day pouch test and that helped me realize that I was eating much more than I really needed to.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/16 9:16 pm

I'm 18 months post op and struggle with the same big issue from pre-op; eating too fast. I can eat the equivalent of a smaller but normal size meal but I almost always eat too fast. I immediately regret it and usually need to lay down or chill for about 30 minutes or so before I can do anything.

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now but I haven't. I eat based on how busy I am which never works out well.

Sleeve_Mia
on 6/20/16 3:09 am
VSG on 06/11/16

I'm only 9 days post op and know I will have the same struggle.  I keep thinking I can take the same size bites, just not as many... But it is uncomfortable for an hour after.  Thanks for sharing!

mljohns
on 6/21/16 2:07 pm
DS on 01/27/15

Almost 18 months out and still can't drink milk. I forgot and had a small glass the other day and paid for it. Also, I haven't touched a boiled egg since very early on. I can eat eggs any other way, but not hard boiled. Too dry.

pennymanley
on 6/20/16 9:19 am

I have problems with turkey and steak....both are way to dense for me to eat...tuna was kind of tricky as well...I haven't tried it since the first time right after I could eat solid food however...may be different now that I am 8mon post op.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views