Belly fat question

jamiekelly1999
on 7/12/16 3:26 pm
VSG on 05/06/16

Sorry if this is a dumb question and hopefully you understand what I'm asking, but I'll try. I've been watching you tube videos of people's weight loss before and after well almost every video they have stretchy loose skin in their stomach but i dont, my stomach still has fat so I'm wondering if it's because I'm only 2 months out and it happens over time or is it because that's where I carried alot of weight? I'm almost at my goal which is 25 more pounds and it seems as if my stomach isnt going away as fast as everywhere else. Hopefully you understand what I'm asking I'm not a good explainer! Lol

Thanks in advance!

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/16 3:47 pm

Wait until you're two years out and then you'll know the answer for how your body has responded. Everyone is different but you have to give it time to work itself out.

Roz !!!!
on 7/12/16 5:07 pm - Butler, PA

I think my waist fat was about the last to go and it's the first place I notice it if I eat to many carbs.

Does your goal weight put you at the bottom on a normal BMI or is just a number that you remember feeling good at?

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

jamiekelly1999
on 7/12/16 8:24 pm
VSG on 05/06/16

My goal weight normal range is 135-140 for my height, I want to be 135

Price S.
on 7/12/16 6:03 pm - Mills River, NC

I lost everywhere but i carried a lot of weight in my tummy. I hsve always been shaped pretty square with next to no waist. Loose skin seems to be less when you are younger  i was 62 when i had wls  previously when I lost weight i had not had loose skin but do this time. Age and genetics play a part. 

I agree with Roz. Dont set your goal too high. Regain is real and it happens to everyone 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 494 views