The Anti Menu and Exercise Program - Saturday 23rd

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/16 9:31 am

My experience is much different than most here but I'll share today regardless. I started with a BMI of about 39 as a 6'1 male close to 300lbs. I had the SADI DS in Nov 14 and lost on the same schedule as many - faster at first, then moderate, then slower. I was concerned about WLS causing too much weight loss but was told and confirmed almost everyone body will gravitate to equilibrium, and from there it's up to us.

Today, I weigh about 142lbs and have been in a tight range of 3 to 5 lbs up and down no matter what I eat. I could enter the hot dog eating contest at Coney Island and if 70 dogs go in, 70 will come out and I'll weigh about 142lbs after my next bathroom break. I eat constantly throughout the day to prevent further weight loss, and sometimes feel like my stomach hurts from force feeding myself all day.

I'm otherwise healthy and get exercise with good lab results. All designer cloths fit me perfect and I can't decide if I should stop worrying about being too thin and consider this nirvana for a former morbidly fat guy, or is this something I should worry about.

Breakfast:

Dunkin Donuts - Sausage egg and cheese

French Crueller

Ring Dings

Cup of Pinnapple

Medium Ice Tea with Lemon and Sugar

Lunch:

Plate of large Shrimp

Peach

Small plate of rigatoni

Dinner:

Bowl of Mac and Cheese

Fish Sticks

2 oz of Ham

Ham Sandwich on roll

Snacks:

Pear

Peach

Vanilla Protein Smoothie

Mini Choc Chip Cookies

Roz !!!!
on 7/23/16 12:33 pm - Butler, PA

Sorry I don't have an answer but I'm sure there are some women on this site who are jealous of you.....

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/16 12:49 pm

Thanks - Do you know if others on this site have had an issue with too much weight loss. Even my dr and nut are surprised.

Roz !!!!
on 7/24/16 11:07 am - Butler, PA

We only had one that I can remember.  Her profile name is LADYTAZZ.  She lost and lost.  She was eating so much food and still not gaining.  I'm sure if there is a way for you to contact her she would be happy to share.  She was a regular poster for the longest time. I seen on her profile she did post about a month ago so she still should still have a profile page.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/16 4:47 pm

Thanks

Price S.
on 7/28/16 10:58 am - Mills River, NC

LadyTazz was the only one I remember too.  She did have a hard time stopping losing.  She finally stabized and came to peace with being much smaller than she ever wanted to be.  She had a few revisions along the way. 

good luck.  I would love to be able to add a few more calories but not like what you are eating!!! 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/16 3:48 pm

Thanks, maybe eventually I'll be happy to eat all day and not gain. I just don't like it being a medical necessity.

Ladytazz
on 8/10/16 3:23 am

Now I know why my ears were burning, lol.

Yes I did get too small.  And after over 5 years of avoiding gluten I finally got to the point where I said to hell with it and added it back in with the hopes of gaining a few pounds.

When I say I got too thin I mean it.  I got under 100 lbs in the first year or so.  Because I was a revision and I had experienced massive regain after my first WLS I didn't want to go crazy in order to regain some weight.  I wanted to be able to eat sensibly and healthy and get to a healthy weight.

At one point I was nearly 120 lbs then I had to have surgery and lost 15 lbs and I hung out at around 105 for a while.  Being an older person I did not look good at all.  I felt it made me look much older.  I felt great but I didn't look very good.

So around the beginning of the year I decided to see if I could tolerate gluten products and I found I could.  That really helped me as far as allowing me more food options.  I still avoid sugar because I know I don't tolerate that at all and that helped me avoid a lot of really bad choices.

Anyway since the beginning of the year I have put on about 10 lbs.  My weight seems to be holding fairly steady.  I figure I average about 1/2 to 1 lb regain a month.  Slow enough to feel in control.

The funny thing is that even though I haven't gained that much weight I feel I look a lot better and I haven't gotten the "you are too thin" comments for a long time.  I am comfortable in my body now and I am pretty sure I am going to aim for a 115-120 range for my weight.

That said, I really want to caution you.  You are still very early out and it isn't that uncommon for some people to lose a bit more than they want in the first few years.  Add to that the fact that some people start to look very gaunt even if they are still above their goal.  And the fact that everyone and their brother thinks it's their business to tell you that you look too thin and you need to go eat a cheeseburger.  Because that will fix everything, lol.

But while many are complaining about too much weight loss in the first few years by the third year and beyond it can come back to bite you in the butt.  There are very few people who can eat freely whatever they want and stay too thin.  It happens and you may be one of them but you also may be one of the majority who experiences a bigger gain than you wanted.

So enjoy yourself while you can.  Just make sure you keep a tigh****ch on the scale and if you see it going up too high you may find yourself like the rest of us mortals who have to choose whether we want to be able to eat more or weigh less.  There aren't too many who get to have both.

I know I am lucky, if you call it that, to be able to eat a lot more than other women my age and not fight the extra pounds but I also know that things can change.  I have seen many people come back after 5 years or even 10 years who suddenly find themselves gaining weight on the same amount of food they have been eating for years.  Our bodies have a mind of their own and it's our bodies that determine how much we can eat and stay normal sized, not our wishful thinking.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 285 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 408 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 469 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 493 views