All testing is finished!

ds123
on 8/12/16 3:00 pm

Sooo..... I've finished all my pre testing. The only abnormal things that were discovered~ my good cholesterol should be higher, my bad cholesterol should be lower, some vitamin levels are mildly low and I have a hiatal hernia. Other than that, everything is pretty good. I'm incredibly nervous! I'm 5'1" 201 and my gw is 125-130. (personal goal) I don't go by the BMI charts. Anyone else out there with similar stats? My Aunt has basically the same stats as me and had her surgery late may. She's already lost 35lbs and feels great. It is so helpful to see her do well.

Price S.
on 8/12/16 5:19 pm - Mills River, NC

I swear I was 5' but maybe not.  220 was the highest weight I would admit to but I'm sure it was higher at times.  I got down to 111 but that was too low.  Almost 6 years out and I have been 133-4 for the last couple.  I am off all my meds and have been since a few months after surgery. 

Try hard to get your vitamin levels up before surgery.  It is much easier now that it will be later.

Congrats!!!  Looking forward to hearing more progress.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MajorMom
on 8/14/16 3:57 pm - VA

Welcome!  I think I was pretty close to your starting stats. My lowest weight was 115, but with a little bounce back, I ended at 118 for nearly a year. I'm 9 years post-op and now weigh 124-125. I'm hoping I can hold on to this level or maybe even lose a little back to 120 again. I had the DS and glad I did, I'm a grazer, and would have "out-eaten" any of the other surgeries.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ds123
on 8/14/16 7:08 pm

9 years post op! I like hearing that. I worry about long term effects. Not with weight loss as I know that will always be a battle but with things like pancreatitis, gall bladder issues, digestive issues...I just don't want to walk into a lion's den of health problems. I mean, aside from carrying the extra weight (which puts me at risk for a lot of issues as well) I'm otherwise pretty healthy...for now. My joints hurt...for sure. What surgery did you have?

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views