New to OH Light weight

HippieDreads
on 8/21/16 10:20 am

I have exactly 100 lbs to lose, I'm just starting the process. I'm not sure if I will have to do the six month diet or not . It depends on whether or not the doctor has records of when I was being monitored. If not I will have to start over. My husband is going to be having surgery too. his will probably be before mine because he has his six months of dieting record. That's ok with me. I'm concerned because I'm vegetarian and I'm worried I won't get enough protein and iron. I'm already anemic. I'm on iron pills for that. I'm guessing it will have to go from over the counter to a script. And my guess is that I will be on shakes the rest of my life because it's not easy getting protein while vegetarian especially since I don't eat all the beans.  Any way, Wanted to stop in and say Hi and tell you all I'm here. Lol. 

Price S.
on 8/21/16 12:43 pm - Mills River, NC

Welcome!!!

My insurance didn't require a 6 month diet but my dr required 12 classes that ended up taking 6 months anyway.  It is a long process but that gives you plenty of time to ready, get your levels up and get ready for the rest of your life.

We have had a few couples here before and they have done great because they are such a good support for each other. 

You didn't mention what kind of surgery, we support all kinds, but esp if you are doing one that causes malabsorption, work on getting your levels up now because it will be even harder after.  My D3 was low before surgery and it took me quite a while to get it back up.  Recently, my ferritin was low but with suppliments, esp hemme iron, I have it back up.  You can never relax on the vits/mins after surgery.  They are part of the key to remaining healthy.  As long as you aren't vegan, you can get a lot of protein with greek yogurt and dairy.  There may be a vegetarian group on here, not sure. 

Feel free to ask whatever questions, none is too basic or silly.  We had folks here to help us and we are happy to pay it forward.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

HippieDreads
on 8/23/16 8:37 am

My husband is having RYN I'm having revision from sleeve to RYN. Many ppl ask about the DS instead but with my medications and the malabsorption differences between the RYN and the DS it's best that I have the RYN. I'm  low on calcium and Iron right now but taking medications to get them back to where they need to be. SOmeone had left me a message about someone who does recipes for vegetarian wls patients. I'm going to check it out and start testing out some of the recipes now ssee how they are.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views