Menus and Miles Thursday Sept. 8th

Roz !!!!
on 9/8/16 10:34 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!!  It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Afternoon LW's!!!!  I decided to visit my Mom at the nursing home on my lunch but was disappointed to find her laying down.  Took her dirty clothes home to wash this evening so I can run them back up in the morning when she will be sleeping again.  I can't figure out when's a good time to visit.  It seems she is always eating or sleeping but at the family meetings they tell me she walks (in her wheelchair) all day long. How can that be???

Maintenance:  7+ years out 

Breakfast: 

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:     Nature Valley Gluten Free Almond Nut Bar

Lunch:     Beef/Cheese slider from Arby's

Protein:   Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack:     Laughing Cow Lite Cheese Wedge and 6 Saltines

Snack:     1 Babybel Cheese Round

Dinner:    I think a small Chicken from Subway

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 9/8/16 11:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning gang!!  Guess what I saw this morning?????  Yup! the number 1 on the scale this morning!! 199.2, I know the scale can be persnickety so I won't get too excited until I see it there again tomorrow!  BUT, I will say my goal was to get below 200 before my birthday which is next month so YAY me!!

Anyway, enough about that.   Have to run to the Green House today to pick up the Canada Celebration tulip bulbs I ordered.  Have you seen them? red and white with some yellow if I remember correctly.  Sort of looks like a flame coming up from the stem.  They're pretty.

Just threw the menu together this morning so we'll see if it works for me

B - Premier protein drink (because I'm lazy)

S - mini bacon wrapped beef tenderloins (M&Ms) 6 pieces

L - ~5 oz of the inside of a chicken shwarma wrap

S - deli turkey and cheese string

D - chicken sausage with broccoli/cauliflower in cheese sauce

Total Cal 858, Carbs 20, Protein 110 (booyah!)

Have a fantastic Thursday!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Roz !!!!
on 9/9/16 9:54 am - Butler, PA

I LOVE flowers but I haven't seen that one.  I will have to look it up.  I've been wanting to plant some tulips but by the time fall comes I'm tired of working on my flower beds.

Drinking a Protein drink does not make you lazy!!!   I'd like to see you drink at least 2 a day.  During my Honeymoon period I drank at least 4 a day.

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 9/9/16 10:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

How did you have 4 protein drinks a day and food?

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

MajorMom
on 9/8/16 4:20 pm - VA

Maybe you could put a pedometer on her to see how many steps she takes a day.  ; )

Hi guys,

BITES: (DS Maintenance Mode)
Pre-B - 2 protein coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 (30g)
S - regular coffees w/1/2&1/2
B - Greek yogurt w/blueberries
S - peanuts
L - protein shake (30g)
S - snack-size popcorn
D - steak and salad
S - CarbSmart ice cream

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches: done
iron: stopped
evening batch: done
heme iron: pending

EXERCITES:
walking and stairs

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 9/9/16 9:56 am - Butler, PA

That's a Good idea Gina. If I thought she would leave it on I would definitely do that but she rips everything off. My sister is fighting her to keep her glasses on.  I think it's a lost cause.

Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

JB1114
on 9/8/16 6:18 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Finally, I have a chance to post.  I'm working a temp job again although I said I wasn't going to work again, but we needed some extra money.  DH's hospital bills came in plus my son lost his job.  Thankfully, he starts a new job tonight.  Then both dogs got fleas and had to be treated so there went about $130.  Vet bills are high. 

This job is the pits.  It is at a health center that serves low income.  My job along with two others is to contact patients that haven't been in for over a year and schedule them for checkups.  All day I'm on the phone.  The other two people are from the same agency I am and they have no work ethics.  Our supervisor is in another building.  We will have a supervisor starting on the 19th in our office.  They are not liking that at all.   They are late every morning, take an hour and a half or more for lunch and leave early plus make personal calls on the office phone, talk and text on their cell phones.  Drives me crazy.

Today's eats:

Protein shake

Turkey Gnocchi Soup; crackers

Protein shake

Pancake Puffs; egg; bacon (Brinner - breakfast for dinner)

Not really a good bariatric day.  I'll do better tomorrow. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 9/9/16 10:10 am - Butler, PA

I work with low income clients also. We have been interviewing for new employees for the last couple of months.  The starting pay is so bad we can't find anyone that we know will do a good job. That's a shame about the other employees. Don't they have to keep track of their phone calls? 

I'd throw in at least 1 more Protein Drink.

Roz

on Maintenance

Price S.
on 9/8/16 7:31 pm - Mills River, NC

Home from Aiken.  I lost internet there for a couple of days with the hurricane and was super busy but I am back for about a week before heading to a horse show.  My miles today was getting everything packed up, cleaned up and loaded.  Opening the house isn't a big deal but closing it is.  changing sheets, washing everything, vacuum, clean bathrooms, clean out the frig, plus all the horse stuff to clean and pack.  Whew.

decaf protein coffee  33g
eggbeaters, cheese 
lemon tea protein 13g
low carb pita, chicken salad
popcorn
baked fish, spinach
peanut butter protein

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Roz !!!!
on 9/9/16 10:11 am - Butler, PA

I've missed you!!!!!   Sounds Good!

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 277 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 402 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...