Maintenance question

jamiekelly1999
on 9/22/16 6:54 pm
VSG on 05/06/16

I'm really close to my goal weight (6 more lbs) and Im still wanting to lose inches in my stomach so I'm wondering if I could still lose inches without losing weight while in maintenance?

TIA

MajorMom
on 9/23/16 2:13 am - VA

There could be some redistribution during the first couple of years of maintenance but everyone is different about where that redistribution is most noticed.  Keep doing what works for you and perhaps up the exercise once you've hit your goal weight. Good luck! 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/23/16 3:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Unfortunately I've found (for me) that the stomach is the last place I lose (boobs sadly deflate just before that).  The extra skin on my abdomen seems to have a bit of a fat collection.  Sigh...

BUT the good news is that all looks good with the proper undergarments and clothes over!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Roz !!!!
on 9/23/16 11:33 am - Butler, PA

That's a tough one.  Everyone's so different.  First off does "goal weight" mean the bottom of a Normal BMI?  I wouldn't stop until your body decides it's ready.  Nothing worse than Bounce Back (and we all have it) and ending up 15 pounds over that "Perfect Goal #" on the scale.

I'm guessing exercise, toning, and cutting out carbs are the best way to tighten up your belly.  You have a better chance being a LW than if you had 100's to loose.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

jamiekelly1999
on 9/23/16 3:45 pm
VSG on 05/06/16

Yes it's at the bottom of the normal bmi for me. I'm planning on toNing just gotta figure out where to start! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/16 6:30 pm

Keep in mind your goal weight is just an idea in your head, but only your body knows the real number.

I've gained 11lbs this past month without adding to my stomach or pants. I've been working out aggressively on a daily basis and taking a lot of protein supplements. I think I was dehydrated last month so I feel much better now. The point I'm making is the inches are realigned for the better, the weight is higher but I'm healthier and not increasing in the waistline.

Laura in Texas
on 9/24/16 4:30 am

Looking back at your old posts, I believe you are 5'3" tall and weigh about 143. I think you just need to keep doing what you are doing and see how you feel when you get to your goal. You may want to lose more once you get there, especially if you want to lose more around your middle. As others have said, it can be the last place to go. Or you may need to invest in some good shapewear or plastic surgery. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Price S.
on 9/25/16 4:15 am - Mills River, NC

Congratulations on being close to goal weight. I would suggest that you go lower than you want to end up two years from now because bounce back is real my low weight was 111 but I am now 1:34. I work out on a regular basis but I have found that both my arms and my stomach are a little bigger than they were. I have always heard that you cannot spot lose weight but I do think that you can enhance the muscles underneath the loose skin and make areas tighter. Part of what I realized is that I am built Square. I have no waist. It limits the clothes I can wear because certain styles have a definite waistline  and I just don't.  I was about the same at 111 that I am at 134 in terms of composition

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views