Successful Visit to the Surgeon

JB1114
on 10/7/16 7:52 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I was nervous going in to the follow up appointment with my surgeon, but it was all worth it.  They have improved their information so much since I was there 4 years ago.  I was given a booklet they now present to patients that explains everything from the beginning to 5 weeks after surgery.

The dietician is great.  She has a website devoted to bariatrics.  She suggested eating with a pickle fork, take very small bites and chew, chew, chew.  Take 2 bites of protein to 1 bite vegetable.  Drink up to 15 minutes before a meal and wait 45 minutes after a meal to eat.  No more than 6 grams of sugar in any food. 

My daily protein requirement is 60 grams and should be gotten from food rather than shakes.  When I started my journey, I was told I would need to have 2 supplements for the rest of my life. Shakes should be made with water or 30-40 calorie almond milk.

The doctor wasn't shocked at my regain which is 14 lbs.  He was very encouraging that I can lose the 14 plus additional weight I want to lose. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 10/10/16 7:10 am - Butler, PA

Happy everything went great for you!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Price S.
on 10/11/16 5:20 am - Mills River, NC

All that sounds good but thankfully, my Dr still like protein suppliments.  I would be lost without them and even though I eat protein based meals, and have my suppliments, my labs are ok but don't show an over-protein anytime.  I think your regain is pretty normal.  Most of us see some.  The trick is keeping it to a few not all.

Great job.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views