Checking in

STLfan
on 11/20/16 4:03 pm
Hey Friends,
Been quite awhile since we last spoke. I looked back to June 2010 and found some of my first postings.
Major Mom had given me good advice and Roz always awesome to a newbie.
MM, You had commented on Dr, Anthones Common Channel length at the time being longer than some and were interested in long term . Being 6 years out I can comment on it. The surgery was DS/BPD .
The CC being about 250cm ...as I remember lol... I lost weight rapidly and made goal within a year. I kept near goal weight but ranging about 10lbs either way. That is til last year I got a anaerobic sinus Infection that required steroids and high powered antibiotics and surgery. I gained 25lbs. I lost the weight but it was difficult. The one thing I would say is exciting for me is that I with the approval of my doctor am not taking in extra protein or vitamins other than from meals. well actually I don't take mass quantities of vitamins. In this regard I am atypical so I wonder if it was the CC length that is the difference. My whole life has changed, I am studying ministry now and looking to do something for others at our church. My wife has MS but is still doing well. Life is good for us even with very little and I hope and pray we can protect families that are scared and marginalized. Peace and Grace to you...Jeff
Jody ***
on 11/21/16 11:49 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

Hi Jeff - welcome back!  Glad to hear you are doing well.  I'm sure MM will chime in soon!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Roz !!!!
on 11/23/16 6:53 am - Butler, PA

I'm soooo excited you checked in!!!!  I think about you every so often and wonder how you are doing with your weight and how your wife is doing with her MS.  It sounds like things are going well for you both. 

Are you going to be a Pastor?  What denomination?

Not to long ago I was trying to remember what the STL stood for.

Post every once in awhile and keep us updated how you are doing......

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

STLfan
on 1/24/17 7:47 pm
Hey Roz, Glad to see you around !
I have been working as an assistant minister after having studied for Lay Ministry in the ELCA (Lutheran). I have been assigned by our local Bishop to thank congregations for their mission work. At my home church I have most duties but not marriage and funerals although I assist at both. I also visit The Nursing homes and shut ins for a brief service and communion. So no I am not to be ordained ...just a bit too old!
Jeff                    
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/16 4:15 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...