Week Two of Modifying by Behavior/breaking bad habits

LinR
on 12/1/16 2:43 am

Last week I started my behavior modification to get back to my roots and break some bad habits.

Week 1 - DESERT ONLY ONCE A MONTH AND IT HAS TO BE HOMEMADE.    I really have a sweet tooth so this was a struggle for me but, I did really well this week.  I found myself pacing the first couple days but was okay.

Only had one sugar cookie while making a batch of cut outs for the grandkids. That is my sweet treat for November. Glad today is a new month.

Week 2-  NEW BEHAVIOR.//NO GRAZING. Starts today. Gets added to Week 1 behavior changes. Three meals and 2 planned snacks only. My worst grazing episodes are my days off work, social functions, and evenings.

Of course, tonight we would have a Holiday Open House!! I am planning ahead and decided I will eat a dense protein lunch and forego my afternoon snack and  have some protein before I go.  I'll have a glass of wine, select only meat and cheese from the appetizer table, then step away from the table and spend time chatting with friends.  I think this can work. We socialize a lot, so this is really a good behavior for me to tackle.

MajorMom
on 12/1/16 4:11 pm - VA

Proud of you! You got this.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 12/2/16 11:18 am - Butler, PA

How did you do at the Open House?  

Socializing SAVES me from myself when I go to functions like this. I try to be the last one to go through the line.  The longer I hold off before eating the less time I have to go back for more bites.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

LinR
on 12/2/16 6:17 pm

I did really well at the Open House.  I got a small glass of wine and went outside where there was no food.  I socialized there for a while then went in to see a few people.  Had 3 small slices of cheese and called it quits.  My hubby and I agreed we would only stay for an hour, so we left after that.

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 11:58 am
WLS on 10/18/11

My days off work are what are hardest on me as well. Too much time on my hands leads to grazing and poor food choices! I'm working on trying to be sure to stay as busy as possible on my days off. But with winter here/coming getting out will be harder for me! I don't like to go out on bad weather roads when it is not necessary. I'll be spending MUCH more time on this site posting.

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 278 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 403 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views