Small Body Frame

ebonymc
on 1/14/17 10:19 pm

Hello!  I've been here a while searching and researching. I have all comorbidities, a small body frame, but huge and extended around the middle. I want to have the vsg due to my stats. I don't want to worry about my body image but sometimes I do. Please don't get me wrong, getting rid of my comorbidities will always be my first choice for getting the surgery. I just wondered if anyone else is/was in my shoes.

Jody ***
on 1/16/17 12:22 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

When I had my surgery my first thought was losing weight and my health.  As the weight came off I was beginning to like the skinnier "me".  Of course clothes became important, etc.  Then the "loose skin" issue... but I know I will ALWAYS have a body image issue.  I zero in on the parts of me I don't like (like my thighs, etc).  Of course the smaller body came better self confidence.  

Your body WILL change - how you accept the changes will be up to you.  I did have PS to get rid of a few of my body image "issues" which I'm glad I did but will need to learn to live with the places on me that I don't feel are "perfect" ;)  It's all in your mindset....

Congrats on researching and learning about the VSG.  Good luck on your journey!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

ebonymc
on 1/17/17 3:32 pm
On January 16, 2017 at 8:22 PM Pacific Time, Jody *** wrote:

When I had my surgery my first thought was losing weight and my health.  As the weight came off I was beginning to like the skinnier "me".  Of course clothes became important, etc.  Then the "loose skin" issue... but I know I will ALWAYS have a body image issue.  I zero in on the parts of me I don't like (like my thighs, etc).  Of course the smaller body came better self confidence.  

Your body WILL change - how you accept the changes will be up to you.  I did have PS to get rid of a few of my body image "issues" which I'm glad I did but will need to learn to live with the places on me that I don't feel are "perfect" ;)  It's all in your mindset....

Congrats on researching and learning about the VSG.  Good luck on your journey!

Thanks Jody, I quess that's what I was expecting to hear. I know you can't spot reduce and I'm hoping to have PS too! at least on my belly area. I attended a support group meeting today, and came away with some important information. Thanks again

Roz !!!!
on 1/21/17 4:41 pm, edited 1/21/17 8:41 am - Butler, PA

I'm only 4'11" and most of my weight was in my boobs and my stomach.  Now I have inter-tube boobs, a jiggly belly, and saggy legs but I don't regret a thing!!!!!!

If you can afford plastic surgery that's awesome but don't get it done until you are sure you are at goal and your body has settled into place.

I lost 84 pounds and I'm over 8 years out now and I'm 62 and have been married for 42 years.  I'm too old to spend money on surgery but I do buy good dress clothes that fit me nice.  Good bras and support panties work wonders.  Even pretty lingerie makes me look pretty good.

Keep us updated!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

ebonymc
on 1/24/17 9:24 pm
On January 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM Pacific Time, Roz !!!! wrote:

I'm only 4'11" and most of my weight was in my boobs and my stomach.  Now I have inter-tube boobs, a jiggly belly, and saggy legs but I don't regret a thing!!!!!!

If you can afford plastic surgery that's awesome but don't get it done until you are sure you are at goal and your body has settled into place.

I lost 84 pounds and I'm over 8 years out now and I'm 62 and have been married for 42 years.  I'm too old to spend money on surgery but I do buy good dress clothes that fit me nice.  Good bras and support panties work wonders.  Even pretty lingerie makes me look pretty good.

Keep us updated!

Thanks Roz, that's encouraging to hear

STLfan
on 1/24/17 7:28 pm
Hey There!
I see you have been researching and asking around ...which is great!
I opted for the DS/BPD because it had the VSG plus the Mal-Absorb aspects. All my co-morbs are gone and I had them all... When I talked with the different groups the DS bunch seemed much happier and little complaints...Good luck , Jeff
Jeff                    
ebonymc
on 1/24/17 9:22 pm
On January 25, 2017 at 3:28 AM Pacific Time, STLfan wrote:
Hey There!
I see you have been researching and asking around ...which is great!
I opted for the DS/BPD because it had the VSG plus the Mal-Absorb aspects. All my co-morbs are gone and I had them all... When I talked with the different groups the DS bunch seemed much happier and little complaints...Good luck , Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I 've heard that b-4 but I'm a light weight and afraid of losing too much with the DS

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views