Menus and Miles Monday March 27th

Roz !!!!
on 3/27/17 9:24 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

Happy Monday LWS!!! Hope you had an Awesome and Successful Weekend!

8+ years

Breakfast:

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Snack: Nuts, Cheese, Berries

Lunch: Tilapia (no coating)

Snack: Greek Yogurt with cherries

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Dinner: Stuffed Pork Chop

Snack: Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Bar

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 3/27/17 10:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op RNY 11+ mos

Good morning Gang! Not a well planned day today, which is surprising since I've been up since 4:00. Caught up on a few shows and didn't think about the day. Will be running at lunch and off to the gym after work.

As mentioned not a great menu but I will do better tomorrow. Have a bunch of meat I picked up at Farmboy yesterday that I will cook up tonight.

B - English muffin with 1 tbsp. peanut butter

S - greek yogurt

L - chili

S - deli turkey w. mustard

D - striploin steak, broccoli salad (couple fork fulls)

Totals - Cal 915, Carbs 64 (beans in the chili), Protein 92

Have a great Monday!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Roz !!!!
on 3/28/17 11:45 am - Butler, PA

NOT TO BAD BUT I WOULD DEFINITELY LIKE TO SEE YOUR PROTEIN TOTAL HIGHER SINCE YOU AREN'T USING WHEY PROTEIN DRINKS.

Roz

on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 3/28/17 1:19 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I'm so confused anymore. Other posters tell me to get my protein from dense protein sources not shakes. And that if I'm at 80 grams then I'm good.

If I use protein drinks the calories creep up and I've been told I'm typically eating too many. Most days between 900 - 1000. This doesn't seem unreasonable to me but other posters say I should be between 800 and 850.

I just don't know who to listen to or what advice to follow.

Roz !!!!
on 3/29/17 11:13 am - Butler, PA

It is very confusing. Everyone believes something different. You are over a year out and on the second half of the honeymoon period so your body has probably started to absorb more. Looking at your chart you aren't at goal yet and that's why I suggested the extra Protein.

I believe in Whey Protein drinks and I've been at goal for over 8 years. I am addicted to food!!!! If I increase my food even with Proteins then I eat more and the scales go up.

I will try to remember not to push the Protein drinks again....

Roz

on Maintenance

Ginnny
on 3/29/17 11:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi Roz, just coming up on my year on April 11th actually. Won't be long now.

And no need to change your advise. If I do feel like I need something at night I will throw a protein shake in.

Maybe I need to try your approach and have a protein drink for morning and afternoon snack...

I'm not really sure what my goal is anymore. I picked 160 for myself because I thought that sounded like a good number. Whether its realistic or not remains to be determined. My centre has said I shouldn't go below 180 but when I look at myself I see areas where I think I could stand to lose a few more pounds. If only we could decide where the pounds are lost from.

Others look at me and say I shouldn't lose anymore and yes I sometimes say I look skinny but I'm trying to continue to lose to allow for the initial regain that everyone says is inevitable.

I do appreciate your input, I'd stop posting altogether if I didn't, just in a temporary funk and trying to find what will get my loss going again.

Roz !!!!
on 3/29/17 12:52 pm - Butler, PA

Usually every one picks a goal weight that sounds or looks good but seldom do they stick to that number.

There are a lot of decisions to make and you probably look and feel like a totally different person. We always suggest you don't stop until your body decides to hold steady for awhile and you quit loosing. That's usually in the middle of a normal BMI. Bounce back is real!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

HonestOmnivore
on 3/27/17 12:02 pm
RNY on 03/29/17

Good afternoon!

I have been slacking on my steps the last two days... got to get back on that horse!

B- hard boiled egg

MS - small piece of dark chocolate

L- Gyro (omg so good! I will miss the pita bread!)

AS - smoked almonds

D- Cheeseburger from a local chain (food funeral for Swensen's) and a chocolate malt (have to say goodbye!!!)

ES- shouldn't need one, but I boiled a dozen eggs so probably a deviled egg or two.

5'4" 49yrs at surgery date

SW - 206 CW - 128
M1 - 20lb M2 - 9 lb M3 - 7 lb M4 - 7 lb M5 - 7 lb M6 - 6 lb M7 - 4 lb M8 - 1 lb M9 - 2 lb M10 - 4 lb M11 - 0lb M12 - 3lb M13 - 0 lb M14 - 2 lb M15 - 0 lb M16 - 3 lb

Roz !!!!
on 3/27/17 1:55 pm - Butler, PA

We won't be long!! Enjoy something gooey for

me!

Roz

on Maintenance

lykapal
on 3/27/17 4:52 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

Heck of a Monday!

Coffee with cream and protein powder.

Breakfast: Steel cut oats with protein powder.

Lunch: The inside of a soft taco dumped into a bowl of pinto beans.

Dinner is chicken tenders and green beans, sometime in the next hour, hopefully!

Meals have been a bit of flying by the seat of my pants today. LOL I have done at least 9 loads of laundry just catching up from the weekend.

I still have 6 more loads of laundry to do.(Including towels and sheets) For some unknown reason, all 3 of the grandsons have been throwing their dirty clothes under their beds. I normally do laundry during the week so it doesn't pile up and consume my weekend, but I haven't seen anything in the baskets. I assumed they were just recycling their clothes, ugh! Yeah, boys don't mind being dirty!

So last night I finally asked them to go in their room and bring out their laundry. Literally, the entire living room floor was covered with clothes. Good grief, what a day...

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views