Finally, answers.

lykapal
on 5/1/17 1:44 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

Long story, but for a few months now I've been having this excruciating pain on my left side. It would be so bad at times that I would fall to my knees until it passed. It's kinda near where ovarian pain would be. At first I thought it must be related to irregularity, so I dismissed it and did my best to normalize my bowel problems. It's been an ongoing struggle since surgery 11 months ago. When I discussed it with my surgeon's office they told me to try to find a dose of Miralax that would create a normal routine instead of the week of constipation followed by a couple of days of diarrhea. The pain continued, but I ignored it the best I could and kept doing what they suggested.

Well, today I had transvaginal ultrasound, and surprise! I have a fibroid tumor growing in there and right now it's the size of a baby's head!! No wonder my belly looks preggo. The doc said that my uterus is also enlarged because of the tumor and it's roughly the size of a 14 week pregnancy. Gah! So it's not actually a "food baby" which I jokingly refer to my little belly pooch.

Anyway, the doc said I really need to just have a full hysterectomy because at my age I'll never use any of those organs again and if I have them removed I lose all risk of uterine and ovarian cancer in the future. Also, I've been perimenopausal for about 3 years, so I'd be totally okay with surgical menopause.

Any thoughts or comments?

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

MajorMom
on 5/1/17 3:24 pm - VA

My doc gave me the same rationale for getting a full hysterectomy post WLS and I did it. They put me on strong hormone replacements whi*****ludes both estrogen and testosterone. They usually just put you on estrogen but I pushed for both hormones. No regrets at all.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Roz !!!!
on 5/11/17 10:12 am - Butler, PA

I'm glad they figured it out!!

I had mine in my early 30's and I haven't had any problems at all. No meds at all. No hormone problems either. Awesome not having a monthly!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

RhondaJS
on 5/29/17 6:54 pm

Ugh, that sounds awful! So sorry you're going through this. If you can, I'd try to keep your ovaries if they still look good. That way you have less hormone imbalances longterm. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 277 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 402 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 464 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 489 views