MENU AND MILES FRIDAY JULY 7TH

Roz !!!!
on 7/7/17 10:54 am, edited 7/7/17 10:55 am - Butler, PA

WARNING TO SELF AND TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN!!! AVOID 'BAD' CARBS AT ALL COSTS!!! THEY ARE ADDICTING!! THEY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DURING THE LOSING STAGE (and you won't even notice)!! THEY WILL MAKE THE SCALE GO UP AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD IS OVER.

Success in Maintenance starts with GOOD CHOICES during the Honeymoon Period.

I feel I need to repeat this: I am a FIRM believer in Good Whey Protein Drinks!!!!! It is sooooo much harder to do Maintenance without them!

WOW...life has been busy lately. DH kept telling me our scale wasn't accurate which was starting to worry me. When I had my recheck from being hospitalized the Drs. scale proved mine is right on....YEAH!!!

8+ years out

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Breakfast: Bacon, Egg, Cheese on a croissant - I was so hungry for it!

Snack: Nothing

Late Lunch: Vegetable

Snack: Nuts, Cheese, raisins

Protein: Matrix Mint Cookie 35g

Dinner: Not Sure

Snack: ?

Snack: Plain Popcorn

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JB1114
on 7/7/17 7:50 pm - Grain Valley, MO

Roz, how are you? I was here a few days ago and there had been no postings from you so I wondered if you were having problems.

I'm not posting my menu for today. I started the day scratching a rash around my neck and jawline and I didn't do well tracking my eats. I'm so tired of this stuff. This has been going on since March. It will clear up and then overnight it's back. Last night I had some popcorn so I'm wondering if I'm allergic to corn.

Soy is a huge problem and even though it's not an added ingredient, many, many products are processed in a plant where soy is processed. I'm really having to read ingredient labels closely. So many protein bar have soy. Quest does not; however, the new Quest Hero bars have too much sugar for me. I'm not really fond of their original bars. Even half a bar leaves me with that sickening feeling you get when you have too much sugar.

This week I switched from almond milk to Fair Life milk. I'm wondering if the milk is causing the problem too. I'm scheduling an appointment with an allergist asap.

Guess I need to make my snack so I know what's in them.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Roz !!!!
on 7/9/17 10:35 am - Butler, PA

Thanks for asking about me!!! Overwhelmed with Grandkids and Work for awhile there. End of the fiscal and DD had to go away and do a cheer camp.

I'm really sorry you are having an allergic reaction to something. I hope you can figure it out. I tried soy snacks at the beginning but them made my stomach hurt. I've always been a boring eater so I basically eat the same foods all of the time. If I stray away I seem to make bad decisions. I fear Protein bars!!! Even after 8+ years I am really sensitive to sugar (and fats). I get the "I'm going to pass out" syndrome when I've had to much of it. That really keeps me check.

DH ended up in the emergency room last week trouble breathing, his eyes swelled shut and hives all over his body. He was out riding around the neighborhood fields (same area as always) and he didn't think he was going to make it home. I couldn't leave work and DD lives close by so I called her to go and get him. Still not sure what he got into but now he has one of those EPI pens that he carries with him. It was pretty scary for him and DD.

Gotta run! Have an Awesome Sunday!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...